Ps in dolmar should be pos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know Red, I wasn't interested in that big ole Echo, until I noticed you could get a tip guard with that 24" bar.

Now it has my attention!:greenchainsaw:

The tip guard is just a little sheid, comes in the box, most dealers toss em in the trash on anything bigger than a 360T...But I will say that they do make it nice in close quarters cutting, such as in a mess of a fallen oak tree, where the bar tip could accidentally come in contact with a limb or branch..obviously for felling it comes off.

The CS-670 and 8000 are beasts..until you run one, you just cant fathom the smoothness. It's not tiring to run one, it doesnt punish you.

What in the heck is them tip gaurds for anyway. That would have to go.

I would guess that if someone tried to take the tip off the bar, an alarm, or something, would go off!!

Or maybe... if the tip fell off, it would keep it from hitting the ground?

Maybe I should look into that some more.

Okay, maybe not.

I figured it was for kickback, But it would be in my way. Besides the only ones i see it on are the smaller ones and they ain't got enough power to kick back.

Basically it's just another precaution to keep someone safe from a potential disaster...

Some companies use low kickback bars that make the danger zone as small as possible..some use a shield, some use some ungodly safety chain with all sorts of ribs and pits and valleys..

Echo OFFERS a shield...you dont have to use it.

If I was running an 18" or longer bar and doing some light bucking with a long tree..obviously I would not want the guard on.

If I was running a 14 or 16" CS-306, and doing some small limbing in an oak, just to get to some bigger peices...I may consider the guard. I wont need the full bar length, nowhere near it. But the danger of kickback is very real. If im cutting a 3" limb and the saw goes through and forward slightly, catching on another limb...it could kickback, probably wont, but it could.

Alot like cars today..They all come with Airbags and seatbelts. The Airbags you dont have an option over..(like a chain brake on a saw). The seatbelt you dont have to wear (like a tip guard on a saw"). but In a head on Collision (kickback) you are more likely to walk away if you have both.

Basically it's just another precaution to keep someone safe from a potential disaster...

Some companies use low kickback bars that make the danger zone as small as possible..some use a shield, some use some ungodly safety chain with all sorts of ribs and pits and valleys..

If I was running an 18" or longer bar and doing some light bucking with a long tree..obviously I would not want the guard on.

If I was running a 14 or 16" CS-306, and doing some small limbing in an oak, just to get to some bigger peices...I may consider the guard. I wont need the full bar length, nowhere near it. But the danger of kickback is very real. If im cutting a 3" limb and the saw goes through and forward slightly, catching on another limb...it could kickback, probably wont, but it could.

Alot like cars today..They all come with Airbags and seatbelts. The Airbags you dont have an option over..(like a chain brake on a saw). The seatbelt you dont have to wear (like a tip guard on a saw"). but In a head on Collision (kickback) you are more likely to walk away if you have both.
Can't argue with you on any of that. It would probably be ok just cutting small limbs like you said. If ya did accidentally bump another limb you would be good with it on.

Or you could learn to use the saw properly and leave the little tip dohickie off. :laugh:

oh no my saw died

:dizzy: :jawdrop: :dizzy: a really good reason not to own sawz is if you can not tell it is out of wack :clap: dolmar or husky or stihl jd or jred or solo or ech can do the same thing as you describe:chainsaw: any of these big boyz toyz can go ti:censored:s up. you as operator are the one who needs to be alert the saw is about to go boommmmmmmmmmm. we all have had a saw or two go boommmmm that tis the fun of owning sawz:givebeer:
just my druken rave of the evening
:cheers:

a really good reason not to own sawz is if you can not tell it is out of wack :clap: dolmar or husky or stihl jd or jred or solo or ech can do the same thing as you describe:chainsaw: any of these big boyz toyz can go ti:censored:s up. you as operator are the one who needs to be alert the saw is about to go boommmmmmmmmmm. we all have had a saw or two go boommmmm that tis the fun of owning sawz
just my druken rave of the evening
:cheers:

:givebeer::givebeer:

Latest posts

Back