Pulled the trigger on a 361 today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriCountyLawn

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
No pics yet but it looks like any other 361. Went to my normal dealer where i buy all my lawn equipment. I needed a saw right then and all they had was the quick adjust model. I knew across town there was a reg 361 so they knocked 27.00 off the saw. I asked them to throw in a chain on top of that, no deal so on I went to the other dealer and walked away with the saw i wanted and free oil and bar oil. They didnt have any chains in stock so they gave me the oil instead.

Went out to the place were clearing. 3 acres of large red oaks. There was a modded 310 w/ 20" and a 441 w/25" bar both with RSC chain. Couldnt belive my eyes when the 361 out cut both saws. True story. Was going to get a 390 and im 100% happy with the 361

I just now need to get a RSC chain. And also a 260 for limbing....haha

Welcome and congrats on a good purchase.
It will out cut a 310 but not a 441, the chain was probably dull.

I expected a fair amount of skepticism. The 441 had a a brand new out of the package Full Chisel chain. It screamed but did not out cut the 361, Five witnesses commented on this. The 441 just screams but didnt out cut the 361. We took turns with the saws and it didn't matter who was running it. Didnt make sense to me.

was probably a poor port job. It is very easy to ruin a good running saw like the 441, 7900, etc.

Because there was no way a stock 361 outcuts a stock 441. unless, maybe you were cutting 1" twigs

Was the chain on backwards on the 441??

First thing I checked and the 441 is stock believe it or not ...lol I went against my better judgment posting something like this happening on the net. I wouldn't believe it either. lol The wood was 16" to 48" in dia.

Last edited:
If the wood wasn't big enough for the 441 to shine I can see it.... no reason why 9,500 RPM's in the cut on a 441 should be faster than 9,500 RPM's on the 361 given the same rim and chain.

Load'em up and let's see what happens.

Well that is good to hear. I guess the 361 outcuts the MS 360, 440, and 460 too?

Good thing I put my hip waders on earlier.

I want to run some of these saws you guys do, the 346's that outcut the 5100's, the 361's that outcut bigger saws!

lol

Well that is good to hear. I guess the 361 outcuts the MS 360, 440, and 460 too?

Good thing I put my hip waders on earlier.

I want to run some of these saws you guys do, the 346's that outcut the 5100's, the 361's that outcut bigger saws!

lol

My 2149/346/Zebra will out cut my 5100 .................But the 5100 will cut all day....My 2149 needs a rest after 3 cuts........:D :D

Last edited:

lol

yep, 361 is the B all, end all of saws, the masses here have spoken and the homeowner types are buying them like hotcakes.

too bad they could of had an equal or better saw for a buck fitty less.

:rock:

Is this thred real ????? or is it Memorex????

I'm really struggling with this!!!!

I smell,,,,,,, Something?????

Last edited:
Surely there is an explanation, but we who weren't there, will have to rely on the OP give up a little more info.
Could a dud 441 have made it out of the factory? Oh the travesty of it all.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

I thought someone on AS said all 441's were duds???

If I read it on AS it surely must be true. ;p

Latest posts

Back