Putting Some Cash Back Into The Wood Hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New tires and probably the first car wash it's seen in my ownership.

This truck always had 245/75/16's on it from new. I jumped up to 265/75/16's and it put the speedometer right on to 1/2 mile slow of actual speed at 70 mph.

View attachment 475566
What year is that? I had a 99 last year of that body style, that had 265's stock size tires...

97. A lot of the pre 98 trucks came with 245's.
I had an 85 K30, and stock size was 235-85/16...which are tiny anyway, the guy I bought it from had 225's or 215's Dunlop street tread tires on it when I bought it...those were like bicycle tires...immediately put 275's on it

I'm lucky that my doors got the rust rather than the corners. Much easier to fix!

That rack is 99 bucks delivered from Blain's website. Great deal.
That is a great deal! Some sideboards and you are set.

235\85r16 are roughly the same diameter as 275\70r16, the 275 are just wider. The 235 is a common E range size found on the older 1 tons. That's what my 1992 F350 calls for as well.
275's were around an inch taller...and a lot wider...I prefer wide tires
usually run 315's on my trucks now

97. A lot of the pre 98 trucks came with 245's.

My 92 had 225/75 and it's funny, when I went to 245/75 the speedo was pretty much spot on. 255/85-16's now and I'll never look back. Those style chevy's do look perfect with the 265's though.

My 92 had 225/75 and it's funny, when I went to 245/75 the speedo was pretty much spot on. 255/85-16's now and I'll never look back. Those style chevy's do look perfect with the 265's though.
The improved traction is amazing. Got lots of miles on the Michelins it came with (I've put 55k on it and they were well over a year old when I got the truck).

275's were around an inch taller...and a lot wider...I prefer wide tires
usually run 315's on my trucks now

Yeah, I like the wider stance as well. I run 33x12.5x16.5s on the 350, look nice and fat. The truck came with the 16.5 rims, what a PITA to find tires. Just went with BFG All Terrains. I like the white letters out though, anybody else prefer that?

I like the white letters out though, anybody else prefer that?

Not I , unless BFG is sending me a check for advertising their product I'm goin black letter out. I'm running BFG AT's on my SD and they're a great all around tire , the dump runs Dueler MT's and with its weight and a Detroit Locker it does great for a 2wd.

My big goal in the near future is to ditch the power eating TH400 and swap in a NV4500 5 speed , since I'm running a 6.2 diesel It needs all the help it can get putting all 170 HP to the ground!

Yeah, I like the wider stance as well. I run 33x12.5x16.5s on the 350, look nice and fat. The truck came with the 16.5 rims, what a PITA to find tires. Just went with BFG All Terrains. I like the white letters out though, anybody else prefer that?

army tires for humvees and the trailers? They are 16.5. I have a set of the goodyear mt tires on the bogger mkII, but that truck needs an engine still so can't comment how good they do. They sure do seem pretty dang stout though. I know new they are spendy, but all new big tires are spendy, and you can find dotmil takeoffs much cheaper.

army tires for humvees and the trailers? They are 16.5. I have a set of the goodyear mt tires on the bogger mkII, but that truck needs an engine still so can't comment how good they do. They sure do seem pretty dang stout though. I know new they are spendy, but all new big tires are spendy, and you can find dotmil takeoffs much cheaper.
The GY Wrangler MT OZ tires that where on the latest generation of mill. vehicles are great tires but are big at 37". I hate anything 16.5 because they fall off the wheel so easily if the psi. is lowered ... unless those HMVEES tires come with the three piece beadlock wheels I'd pass on them.

Latest posts

Back