Rate your Chinese chain saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd tank I am assuming the capture on the sprocket came off and the clutch exploded on my G466. MS460 clone.
Mangled from the grub screw up and the brake spring. Going to either get or order MS460 parts from the dealer.
1st tank with a 25 inch bar, so much better than my 50 or 40 cc saws, Husqvarna 450 rancher 20" and Efco MTS4000 with a 16.
Hopefully make enough wood with this saw to sell and get a name brand. It is a process and I can only afford what I can afford.
Also will contact the seller and see about replacement parts coming out. Also see the chain tension adjustment as a possible purchase tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20220910_195008.jpg
    20220910_195008.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220910_194957.jpg
    20220910_194957.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
which saws are we talking about here, I mean these days which saws aren't made it china? all the big players have plants there, unfortunately that's just how it is theses days the only thing important is how cheap things can be made.

which saws are we talking about here, I mean these days which saws aren't made it china? all the big players have plants there, unfortunately that's just how it is theses days the only thing important is how cheap things can be made.
Echo is in Japan thats at least a step up from China and im really liking my 7310pw and my 3510 is my go to limber vs the ms250c i was using. Im about to start looking at timing numbers on the 7310 cause it feels like its got hidden power somewhere. Torque is awsome

Echo is in Japan thats at least a step up from China and im really liking my 7310pw and my 3510 is my go to limber vs the ms250c i was using. Im about to start looking at timing numbers on the 7310 cause it feels like its got hidden power somewhere. Torque is awsome
My Echo 620 p is wonderful! 2 years now and not a single complaint other than the fact it's got a somewhat difficult to get to spark plug, a silly on/off switch and it's not as sexy looking as a Stihl. Good, solid, simple saw that's durable and powerful enough for most cutting. Had to get used to it flooding if I tried to start it with the dang thing turned off. Learned my lesson.

"Made in China" does not always mean it is crap. It depends on the brand and the company. "Made in Japan" used to mean junk. Not anymore. I believe if the major name brands set up shop there, they will have sufficient Q/C measures to make the product just as good as in any other country. However, most Chinese domestic brands lag behind Western brands, with a few exceptions.

On a scale of 1-10 i give my G660 a solid 8. Ive had to throw some parts at it that probably wouldn’t have been an issue on a Stihl but im still well under half the cost of a MS661. Been tuned to 13,500rpm and has happily cut there for years. Recently picked up a 32” b/c, used to run a 28” on it, it doesnt even notice a difference power wise.
A1851356-92FE-4559-8D16-ADD8315749FF.jpeg

This is the Holzfforma g466 with 25 inch bar and chain.
Seller responded fast, let's see if the parts come and it works properly. Might get some sthil parts next payday, but working the wood for money to afford a real sthil.

2nd tank I am assuming the capture on the sprocket came off and the clutch exploded on my G466. MS460 clone.
Mangled from the grub screw up and the brake spring. Going to either get or order MS460 parts from the dealer.
1st tank with a 25 inch bar, so much better than my 50 or 40 cc saws, Husqvarna 450 rancher 20" and Efco MTS4000 with a 16.
Hopefully make enough wood with this saw to sell and get a name brand. It is a process and I can only afford what I can afford.
Also will contact the seller and see about replacement parts coming out. Also see the chain tension adjustment as a possible purchase tomorrow.

I ordered my Chinese clone G372 back in late July and by mid-August I cancelled the order because it never arrived. Some supply issues they said.I guess it was for the best as I was very leary of ordering one to begin with. But looking at YT videos, some seem very happy with them.

I ordered my Chinese clone G372 back in late July and by mid-August I cancelled the order because it never arrived. Some supply issues they said.I guess it was for the best as I was very leary of ordering one to begin with. But looking at YT videos, some seem very happy with them.
You must have ordered from Huztl. I've had parts ordered from them and by the time I received them I'd forgotten I ordered them.

i DISAGREE. Plenty of excellent products are USA made. This question is, if you read it........rate your cheap piece of crap saw, knocked-off, by China. HUS, Farmtec, etc. Thats 100% chinesium garbage, constructed by children, next to multi-colored polluted rivers.......with a rice break mid-day.

Than again, only those who would stoop to spending their after-tax American dollars, on a genuine chinesium knock-off, to save money??? would be qualified to have an opinion.

On a scale of 1-10 i give my G660 a solid 8. Ive had to throw some parts at it that probably wouldn’t have been an issue on a Stihl but im still well under half the cost of a MS661. Been tuned to 13,500rpm and has happily cut there for years. Recently picked up a 32” b/c, used to run a 28” on it, it doesnt even notice a difference power wise.
View attachment 1016588
Curious - what parts?

Curious - what parts?
Chain tensioner, starter rope, oil pump, and it has all Stihl clutch parts.

The chain tensioner stripped and the starter rope broke within a couple months of me owning it. The oil pump turned out to just be clogged from the screen coming off but i put a new HO pump in anyway. The clutch springs got lazy so it got a new clutch. That was probably my fault. I rocked the chain and finished what i needed finished more than once lol.

I was pretty new to chainsaws when i bought this one so i made alot of the rookie mistakes and its lived so far.

i DISAGREE. Plenty of excellent products are USA made. This question is, if you read it........rate your cheap piece of crap saw, knocked-off, by China. HUS, Farmtec, etc. Thats 100% chinesium garbage, constructed by children, next to multi-colored polluted rivers.......with a rice break mid-day.

Than again, only those who would stoop to spending their after-tax American dollars, on a genuine chinesium knock-off, to save money??? would be qualified to have an opinion.
Disagree with what? That most companies are doing there best to make things cheaper these days even if it's at the expense of quality?

I agree with you that there is some tools that are 100% USA made that are great but chainsaws aren't one of them. there is no 100% USA made chainsaw that I know of. maybe there's a small company out there somewhere.

Buy American Act at 41 U.S.C. says to put MADE IN THE USA it only has to be 50% American made.

so the question is your saw 100% chinesium or 50% chinesium.

I ordered through Amazon,but who knows who they get them through.
I have 2 chink saws. 1 is a G372, the other, a G288. Both have the crap beat out of em by my guys, replaced carb on 372, replaced the starter rope and oil pump on the 288. They have run almost a year now and I have to give em a 8. I also have the equivalent saws in Husqvarna, the chink saws once broke in run almost neck and neck with em. Just sayin

Ever ran one for any amount of time? Just curious.

Back