Reliability: Husky vs. Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the last few months i've been running a dolmar that the saw shop gave me as a trial saw and I have to say it's not to bad.

The best and quickest cutting saw I ever had was a 120 Super. The main drawback was the chain brake did not lock--it only worked with force on the handle.

Wow its news worthy your huskys were reliable. I take reliability for granted with my Stihls.:notrolls2:

Ahhhhhhhhh but the differance is; I use the pis outta mine!
They are very used, high hour saws and dependable everyday.
Yours may be as well and I agree, I take it for granted as well,
but it is nice to know something in life is dependable:cheers:

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhhhh but the differance is; I use the pis outta mine!
They are very used, high hour saws and dependable everyday.
Yours may be as well and I agree, I take it for granted as well,
but it is nice to know something in life is dependable:cheers:
Ya mine are sitting polished on the shelf mite take one out some day. Maybe get a second tank thru the 044 bought back in the 90s. Got a nice 4" alder to cut.

Odd

Ha ha. I've ran a small Poulan before, but have never used a WildThing. The last Poulan I used was before Wild Things were here. :cheers:

I actually really liked the older, say 80's Poulans and before. My uncle still uses his every fall for 20+f/c of firewood. Has been since he got it back then... I used it for 5 or 6 seasons as well for my 15+cord of wood I'd cut for my grandfather. Never once had a problem, was a great saw. I just wish I knew what model it was, I'd buy one... I remember it had the oiler on the Left side of the handle, manual... When I started running Stihls and old homies I used to find myself looking for the oiler... hehehehehehehe

:cheers:

I actually really liked the older, say 80's Poulans and before. My uncle still uses his every fall for 20+f/c of firewood. Has been since he got it back then... I used it for 5 or 6 seasons as well for my 15+cord of wood I'd cut for my grandfather. Never once had a problem, was a great saw. I just wish I knew what model it was, I'd buy one... I remember it had the oiler on the Left side of the handle, manual... When I started running Stihls and old homies I used to find myself looking for the oiler... hehehehehehehe

Dad had a little top handled saw with a manual oiler on it. I want to say it was a super 20 or something similar, but it's been too long to remember. It ran good, but I don't like running any saw without anti vibe.

Did you guys read where some talking head said the Lions will go 9-7 this year?

That's just crazy talk, I tell ya!

p.s. What's a "Lions?"

A group of Lions, as in many lions in one place. You must have a jred hat on, it's killing your brain cells.:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Okay, so let me get this straight...you're saying that any group of Lions, in one place, is gonna go 9-7? So, like, if I go to a zoo, there's a chance that one of their exhibits is gonna go 9-7?

Spacemule you are a big crybaby!!! you come on here spouting off about hearsay & going off topic!! I posted on topic pal!! until I viewed your stupidity that had nothing to do with whats going on!! typical of you.

So whats the Law jock do?...........lets send LXT some neg rep!!:clap:

I thought maybe I should send some back....nah, you wont make it as a lawyer with :cry: like that!! Grow up space!! If you like to legally debate go to a lawyer forum.......we dont need your legal practicing BS here.

typical attorney!! always thinkin their smarter than & when it dont go their way..........:cry:

LXT...........

Read post #31 & post #37, I think this will answer your question as at that time I was on topic.

what saw do I like? well heres what I own, 1-t192 , 1- 020, 2- ms460 magnum`s, 1- 660......from the old days I have homelite super 2, & super xl red case & an ole blue case, a husky rancher 55, & a 272xp.

my personal favs.......020/200T & the 460.......nothing but Stihl!! ive ran husky & reliability was the problem.......I am far more abusive to my stihls than I ever was to my Husky`s, ive dropped my 020 a 1/2 dozen times & it will still out perform any other tree saw....BTW my 020 is 10 yrs old!!

I might check out Dolmar for my next purchase...we`ll see!!

LXT................

Read post #31 & post #37, I think this will answer your question as at that time I was on topic.

what saw do I like? well heres what I own, 1-t192 , 1- 020, 2- ms460 magnum`s, 1- 660......from the old days I have homelite super 2, & super xl red case & an ole blue case, a husky rancher 55, & a 272xp.

my personal favs.......020/200T & the 460.......nothing but Stihl!! ive ran husky & reliability was the problem.......I am far more abusive to my stihls than I ever was to my Husky`s, ive dropped my 020 a 1/2 dozen times & it will still out perform any other tree saw....BTW my 020 is 10 yrs old!!

I might check out Dolmar for my next purchase...we`ll see!!

LXT................

Dolmars are great saws for sure.

German Engineering

I own a Husky 575xp and two Stihl 046's. They all get used about the same amount, and the husky is in the shop more often. Had to replace the piston, and the carburetor seems to be a little more finicky than the Stihls (floats)

Looks like a good sig to me.:)

See how you stihl heads are you left out the five year part!
Also five years as a tree service only big saw is many many hours!
I just bought new saws after getting the bug on this site and a
coil is not bad for the use derived!

Last edited:
Back