Replacing bar tip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob gresko

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have three questions about replacing the bar nose on an Echo CS 670.

1st I'm having trouble verifying whether the "Oregon Power Match replacement sprocketnose" will fit the origional bar that comes with the CS 670. The bar is stamped "EHCO", but I'm almost certain it is made by Oregon.

2nd I'm sure the origional bar is wore down some (I touch it up for square and burs with a Frued bar file) and realize if I replace the tip I will probably have to file/machine it so it is the same width as the origional bar. Is it worth the effort? I can buy a replacement tip from Bailys for around $15 or buy the whole bar from them for about $38.

3rd Baileys offers two types of replacement sprockets for almost the same price. Thr regular one and one that has a smaller radius at the tip. According to the description of the smaller radius tip, it says this type of tip reduces kick-back. Which do you prefer?

Thanks Bob

Why not bring to a dealer closest to you. In most cases they will do it while you wait and dress up the bar for less than $15.

Back