S25DA fuel cap substitute?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graywarrant

Reaction score
I've spent the past two nights searching the web for a substitute fuel cap for a little s25da I picked up to no avail.

I've read dozens of threads about the duckbills and where to get them and the star washer.

I've read a few about leaving the cap out in the sun to allow it to shrink back down to size (do to swelling after using e10).

My cap may be swollen (it is outside now waiting for the sun to rise), but it is also cross-threaded and missing (I assume) the o-ring. Not too concerned about the o-ring as I can find something in my parts for that, but the cross threading worries me as I cannot come up with a substitute, nor find a NOS replacement cap.

Any suggestions?

Thanks -

Ray

Hey--Welcome -- Parts come mainly from getting another parts saw. These are good little saws and worth repairing. I like the old metal saws. David S25DA 45 year old saw still runs great!! Warning CAD is easy to get after your 1st parts saw...:drinkingcoffee: S25DA hit this link...

Thanks for the reply, welcome and information.

I've been looking for a donor saw for cheap - problem I'm running into is I paid $20 for this one and a 2055.

I think I am already afflicted w CAD as I did not need another saw (I've been wanting a top handle, but the prices of the new toys scare me) my Echo CS-590 and 25+ year old Poulan 2150 have served my needs well. The 2055 may replace the 2150 as it has a chain brake - we will see how the resurrection of that saw goes.

I like tinkering on two-strokes, this s25DA is my first metal bodied saw with points.

Thanks again -

Ray

Latest posts

Back