Sandvik bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madsaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Never hear much about them nor see any info on them. Got a new 24 3/8 x.058 for a the big JOhn deere of mine. Not planning on useing it much just a falling saw. Just wanted to know if it will last through 6 cuts or so.LOL
Later all
Bob

The Windsor brand bars will last form MUCH more than 6 cuts.

The only way I can imagine to make a bar that would go for less than 10 cuts is to make it from aluminum.

I have had some of thease a few years ago, 13", 15" and 18". The farmer i worked for got them cheap. I would think they were as god as they can get without getting expencive.
We were really mean to the saws and bar/chain.

Mange

So are the sandviks windsor made bars. I was just jokeing about the 6 cuts. They look to be decent bars but ya they are cheap. Just got to see how it cuts now.
Later
Bob

I was getting Sandvik bars along about 82, but I believe they were combined with another of the big brand names. I don't remember who. Used to get Sandvik files, bars, and I believe chain. Seems like they may have been connected with the Homelite fatal illness, but that may be wrong, it is way back there in the memory bank.

Sandvik is the former name of the now Windsor brand. Very good products and yes we are still very much in business.

Back