school argument paper.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's your argument? I think it's cool that you are basing it on chainsaws - but Stihl vs Husqvarna is pretty broad.
Are you focused on the entire brand (saws, blowers, weedwackers) - all chainsaws (consumer, landowner and professional lines) - professional line of chainsaws only - (50cc, 60cc, 70cc class comparison), current models?

couple of paragraphs defining "better" (power to weight , design characteristics (such as in board vs out board clutch, handle angle, technology (autotune/mtronic)) durability, price points, ease of maintenance) throw your introduction in and conclusion and your easily at 4 pages.

Good luck - let us know how it turns out.

This is the chainsaw forum right? I love my Stihls,IH tractors andChevy trucks. I'm fine with that and you can like whatever you like and I'm fine with that also. If we all liked the same thing there wouldn't be any tractor/truck pulls,Nascar or chainsaw forums.

What's your argument? I think it's cool that you are basing it on chainsaws - but Stihl vs Husqvarna is pretty broad.
Are you focused on the entire brand (saws, blowers, weedwackers) - all chainsaws (consumer, landowner and professional lines) - professional line of chainsaws only - (50cc, 60cc, 70cc class comparison), current models?

couple of paragraphs defining "better" (power to weight , design characteristics (such as in board vs out board clutch, handle angle, technology (autotune/mtronic)) durability, price points, ease of maintenance) throw your introduction in and conclusion and your easily at 4 pages.

Good luck - let us know how it turns out.

All current models

I never did my own homework, so I sure ain't gonna do yours!

Also, how on earth are you going to cite references in a paper when your source material is an internet forum? Get your little buttinsky over to wikipedia like all the other kids.

Here's some hints:
set a date range to look at. If you leave it wide open it's like comparing features of a Honda civic to a model T.
set a category, like 70CC class professional felling saws.
then:
compare anti vibe
compare number of piston rings
compare air filtration
compare ease of maintenance (accessibility of filters, plugs, etc)
compare longevity by discussing known issues
compare power to weight ratios
compare transfer tunnel design and how it relates to power

There... You flesh it out now I damn near wrote the thing. I want a citation listing Zombiechopper or I'm making a plagiarism complaint.

I never did my own homework, so I sure ain't gonna do yours!

Also, how on earth are you going to cite references in a paper when your source material is an internet forum? Get your little buttinsky over to wikipedia like all the other kids.

Here's some hints:
set a date range to look at. If you leave it wide open it's like comparing features of a Honda civic to a model T.
set a category, like 70CC class professional felling saws.
then:
compare anti vibe
compare number of piston rings
compare air filtration
compare ease of maintenance (accessibility of filters, plugs, etc)
compare longevity by discussing known issues
compare power to weight ratios
compare transfer tunnel design and how it relates to power

There... You flesh it out now I damn near wrote the thing. I want a citation listing Zombiechopper or I'm making a plagiarism complaint.

Never asked for anyone to do my my homework. But thanks for the list I just don't want to leave any thing out. We have a thing call easy bib, just copy and paste site into a thing it does it for you, may as well file for plagarism now you wouldn't have to much of a case:laugh::laugh: unless you write out the report and I take it word for word.

Never asked for anyone to do my my homework. But thanks for the list I just don't want to leave any thing out. We have a thing call easy bib, just copy and paste site into a thing it does it for you, may as well file for plagarism now you wouldn't have to much of a case:laugh::laugh: unless you write out the report and I take it word for word.

good grief. I was giving you some flack while helping you.

'Thank you' was the correct answer.

Get off the internet and do your homework. I already had this argument with one kid tonight.

sounds like a cool report best of luck if i could give you some info i would
never was that good in school..HATED RULES Lol

I'm not a Deere fan or a Kubota fan but I can tell ya the Kubotas are not tinny and there engines run forever. Deere think they have the best and dont fess up to there problems. I like a company that stands behind there product. John deere has done good at staying John Deere

The last Deere we sold was a 1970 4020 with 13,000hrs on it...and it was sold without me knowing about it...for $10,000. I want it back. Good luck even finding a Kubota with 13,000 hrs.

-Phillip

Last edited:
i think deere makes a good machine but they are very sketchy vague sidestepping when it comes to anything that could possibly be a manufacturers/design issue. kubota also makes a great machine, but they usually don't throw customers under the bus like deere. pick your poison really. same thing with husky and stihl. one company is much easier to deal with(specifically the dealers)

I just think that if my bibliography or my footnotes had a reference to "Zombiechopper" it would be super cool. Don't know if the instructor would see it that way tho....

The last Deere we sold was a 1970 4020 with 13,000hrs on it...and it was sold without me knowing about it...for $10,000. I want in back. Good luck even finding a Kubota with 13,000 hrs.

-Phillip

4020 sure was a popular tractor. I can assure you not all the Deere tractors were good. The Deere company has done well and there heads are huge. I heard lots of stories how John Deere wouldn't stand begind there failures. Kubota is known for there compact tractors and construction equipment. Run a Kubota skid loader sometime and then tell me It's tinny. I don't own a Kubota but I work for a dealer that sells a crap load of the Kubota equipment. I'm just sticking up for Kubota.

Enough about tractors. This is the chainsaw forum.
The main reason I buy STIHL products is because I work for a dealership that sells and services STIHL. New saws and parts are easy to get and a nice discount helps too. So far STIHL has worked for me so I'm gonna stick with it.

Scope is too broad

All current models

Suggest that you base your paper only on that with which you have direct experience. For example, you could offer useful commentary about how Arboristsite, as an example of social media, facilitates the distribution of information and opinions regarding competing brands of chainsaws; what tools are available for search functions and to display images and movies in posts, etc. (pictures or it didn't happen); how the site is regulated and monitored; and what sort of dynamic is formed within a virtual community of chainsaw professionals and enthusiasts that stretches across national boundaries. Advantages and disadvantages of this type of social media.

Unless you have extensive experience in running comparable Stihl and Husqvarna saws in the field and maintaining/servicing/rebuilding same, I'm not convinced that you would be able to draw useful conclusions regarding which manufacturer makes the better saw as a matter of writing a research paper. Otherwise it's just third-party opinion and hearsay.

Last edited:
Unless you have extensive experience in running comparable Stihl and Husqvarna saws in the field and maintaining/servicing/rebuilding same, I'm not convinced that you would be able to draw useful conclusions regarding which manufacturer makes the better saw as a matter of writing a research paper. Otherwise it's just third-party opinion and hearsay.

Agreed.
It amazes me when people get very stubborn about the quality of this brand vs that brand...yet they have no direct experience with either brand.

Maybe you could write about the difference in a professional grade chainsaw vs. a low end homeowner grade saw. I think you could get some facts about that without getting into the often factless Stihl/Husky - JD/Kubota - Ford/Dodge/Chevy debates.

-Phillip

Agreed.
It amazes me when people get very stubborn about the quality of this brand vs that brand...yet they have no direct experience with either brand.

Maybe you could write about the difference in a professional grade chainsaw vs. a low end homeowner grade saw. I think you could get some facts about that without getting into the often factless Stihl/Husky - JD/Kubota - Ford/Dodge/Chevy debates.

-Phillip

I agree! Its just fun to have a debate every now and again. I'm just bustin your chops Phillip in good fun. Opinions are like a holes. We all have one and they all stink.

Latest posts

Back