Second new saw in 2 months

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwing2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Picked up a new 346xp today, it was one of those things that i didn't need but wanted. Dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse he took my 14 yr old 026 and $150.00 for a 346xp demo with about 15 min. on it. Best part is I am the guy who put the 15 min on the saw. I demo-ed the saw about a week ago when it was new and he has not run it since. figure I got a good deal with a full warranty.

Yes,......congrats on the new saw............but you'r post dose say something
for Stihl saws. By my math a Vibing, dirty air filter 14 year old Stihl saw
was still worth $260 or better. :cheers:

Last edited:
Ya should have put it on AS, and one of us "Stihlheads" could have made ya more money on it. I sure would have paid more than 150$ for it if it ran even decent. Congrats on the 346xp, I read they were real nice saws.

Im not going to say that the old 026 was anything but a great saw. it did it's job. light weight and good power but I couldn't keep air filters in it. Yes I over paid for it 14 yrs ago. What I got for it today added over the years says I got my money's worth. I was just ready for a better saw!!!!!!!

Im not going to say that the old 026 was anything but a great saw. it did it's job. light weight and good power but I couldn't keep air filters in it. Yes I over paid for it 14 yrs ago. What I got for it today added over the years says I got my money's worth. I was just ready for a better saw!!!!!!!

redwing, I was just taking a sucker punch at bookerdog :hmm3grin2orange:

Do you remember how much you paid for the 026? and was it new then?

Not bad, that comes to $8.21 a year for the 026.

We will have to wait and see if the 346xp can even last that long :cheers:

It will only take the 346 have as many years to cut that much wood. O and you forgot 100.00 a year in air filters for the stihl.:cheers:

like I said it was a great saw, and I hope your right and it lasts as long.I am not a pro with a saw but I cut 5 to 6 cords a year ,I know this is no great amount but I like to have good equipment when i need it. and after following this bunch on AS like you and troll and the rest how could I go wrong.

like I said it was a great saw, and I hope your right and it lasts as long.I am not a pro with a saw but I cut 5 to 6 cords a year ,I know this is no great amount but I like to have good equipment when i need it. and after following this bunch on AS like you and troll and the rest how could I go wrong.

It's the Ford and Chevy, IH and JD thing......... I really do hope you
like the saws and it last you many many years.

Gary

They said that about my first wife and it has not happened yet so I don't believe you Stihl guys anymore.

Last edited:
It will only take the 346 have as many years to cut that much wood. O and you forgot 100.00 a year in air filters for the stihl.:cheers:

Hey Boogerdog,
You are really showing your intelligence here. The fact that you hate Stihls is one thing, but to not know that air filters on Stihls can be CLEANED and do not need to be replaced has to earn you the Darwin Award for the month.

Hey Boogerdog,
You are really showing your intelligence here. The fact that you hate Stihls is one thing, but to not know that air filters on Stihls can be CLEANED and do not need to be replaced has to earn you the Darwin Award for the month.

Good Post. Whats funny, is that idiot said ya have to keep buying filters. I have had the same filter on mine for 4 years now and it still does it job! :jawdrop: He is just showing his stupidity, his avatar gives the first hint.:dizzy:

Hey Boogerdog,

Thats interesting your telling me you never change you filter. I guess thats true if your just a weekend warrior.

Good Post. Whats funny, is that idiot said ya have to keep buying filters. I have had the same filter on mine for 4 years now and it still does it job! :jawdrop: He is just showing his stupidity, his avatar gives the first hint.:dizzy:

We get to hear from the big timber man from kansas. :monkey: Did you drop some corn stalks today.

Latest posts

Back