Should a 372xp be able to bog and wet 12-20 inch Pine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Houston I think we have a problem you guys are busting my chops and giving me a hard time but the saws only got 120 PSI compression no matter how many times I pull it over it never goes higher I might not know very much but that's kind of low isn't it
I didn't start a bunch of useless threads for no reason the reality is there's nobody out here this is not a wood cutting a community you have homeowners that take their saw down to the local place when they need it fixed that's about it and I'm not from here so I don't really know anybody anyway so when I have a problem I get on here and I get help and usually somebody gives me the answer I need it's a good place to start I'm not saying that the internet has all the answers but it's better than sitting there guessingView attachment 685752
Chains looks pretty much fubar in this photo.

Not saying you don’t possibly have some issue with the saw. That very well could be.
But a 28 inch bar, running a dull and rocked chain, that’s also filed at the wrong angle is not helping your cause.
PS - contrary to what some may think - a saw with more CC’s does not negate the need of a good sharp chain.

Houston I think we have a problem you guys are busting my chops and giving me a hard time but the saws only got 120 PSI compression no matter how many times I pull it over it never goes higher I might not know very much but that's kind of low isn't it
I didn't start a bunch of useless threads for no reason the reality is there's nobody out here this is not a wood cutting a community you have homeowners that take their saw down to the local place when they need it fixed that's about it and I'm not from here so I don't really know anybody anyway so when I have a problem I get on here and I get help and usually somebody gives me the answer I need it's a good place to start I'm not saying that the internet has all the answers but it's better than sitting there guessingView attachment 685752
Chains looks pretty much fubar in this photo.

Post a bid bityou cutting with it. Make it bog for us. I want to hear/see it run.
Ill see if i can get out to cut today .
I'm not the original owner of the saw and I don't have a receipt for it so it was bought for commercial use. I'm guessing I can't get any warranty anyway right?

I'm still concerned about the compression even if my tester reads Low my lowest other reading saw is still 140 PSI with my highest being 150 this one reading 120 seems low

Ill see if i can get out to cut today .
I'm not the original owner of the saw and I don't have a receipt for it so it was bought for commercial use. I'm guessing I can't get any warranty anyway right?
Go and get a new chain first!!!
That will tell you either its the saw or chain, Im betting on the latter.
Your comp tester is dubious

that chain is at the point it should be cutting like mad.

However, you’ve lost the hook. Big time. By the time you get it back, the chain will be nearly done. Done properly, you can file a chain until all you have left is a triangle when viewing the cutters from the top. At this point it COULD be cutting its best. Easier said than done.

Once the cutters are about 1/2 gone, step down to a slightly smaller file (13/64). This will help to keep your gullet correct. Your chain has NO gullet..

THIS IS IMPORTANT: you should never really have to push on your saw. Ignore the you tube clowns levering on those ridiculous big dawgs (they have a place, but not in what your cutting pics showed). That’s not how a sharp chain needs to be run. The saw should self-feed to the point you should almost have to hold it back/throttle it back a bit when doing precise cuts (like approaching the dirt or the hinge in a back cut). This self-feeding was already mentioned, but I thought I’d throw that out there again.

Your compression tester appears to be working, as long as you have a working decomp, that is.

Perhaps the saw was never broke in properly to get a good ring seal..? It happens.

If it were mine, I would file that chain correctly and let the saw eat at its own pace in some 16-20” wood. Over and over again. I would advise you to buy a new chain, imprint the gullet shape in your brain, add a wee bit of sea foam to your gas tank (to clean up the carbon in the ring-lands).

You’re young and strong, stop using the decomp. Damn things leak all the time..

That saw would be happier with a 24” bar full comp chain. Smoother, faster.

Try to post the requested video with the saw working (after you get your chain in order).

You will be a competent filer soon.

50cc 16-18”

60cc 18-20”

70cc 18-24”

Pretty standard bar sizing except in BC, Canada and most of the US, it seems.

Anyway, you have some good saws. You’ll get it sorted.

That 372 WILL NOT pull any bar through anything with that chain. No saw will. Notice I said “pull”, not push.

Go and get a new chain first!!!
That will tell you either its the saw or chain, Im betting on the latter.
Your comp tester is dubious
It's a Bosch brand compression tester that's nearly brand-new from O'Reilly Auto Parts I can take it back and exchange it for another one again but so far two in a row have all read the same way
As far as the chain goes I'm not going to buy a 28-inch chain because I don't need to borrow this big so I need a bar and a change. I called the local guy who identifies himself as a Husqvarna dealer and dolmar dealer and a Stihl dealer all in one and as no great surprise he has absolutely nothing in stock and wants to charge me something stupid like $70 for a 20 inch bar and wonders why he's barely staying in business.
there's not a lot of people that cut wood around here. so probably most of his sales are off of people with bad weed eaters

If you’re routinely cutting reasonably sized wood, do yourself another favor. When you go to get that new chain, get it in 20” length with a 20” bar to go with it.
You’ll feel like you just installed a turbo charger on that saw.

If you’re routinely cutting reasonably sized wood, do yourself another favor. When you go to get that new chain, get it in 20” length with a 20” bar to go with it.
You’ll feel like you just installed a turbo charger on that saw.

And it will balance too!

Not a lot of love here for balance..
I run a 20 or 24 on mine, I like the 20 better, full comp.

I never use the decompression button on either saw that has it. it really doesn't make it that much easier.....
I don't even understand why they put them on saws. Maybe on something around 100 plus CC.
The saw has pretty crappy balance with this bar. I need to get to 20 inch bars with the d009 mount one for this saw and one for the dcs6421 the Makita has the oddest balance of them all
The compression numbers have me confused but we can all agree that it needs a chain it's down to the triangle shape it was hoping to find a local place that had bars and chains for a reasonable price I really don't like ordering stuff online

Nope. That carb box is right. That's an RWJ4 carb. That is a strato setup though. Lots of mis-information and questions in this thread. ALL HUSKY AUTO TUNE SAWS START WITH "5" IN THE MODEL NUMBER. There are some "5" saws that aren't auto tune, but no 1, 2, 3, or 4 series saws that are.

I am sure the the 465 rancher is auto-tune

I got a 20 inch bar and a chain
$15 for the bar $10 for the chain he wouldn't sell me more than one
Out the door it was $2720181121_110031.jpg 20181121_110005.jpg 20181121_110020.jpg 20181121_110009.jpg

Back