Should a 372xp be able to bog and wet 12-20 inch Pine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 20 inch bar and a chain
$15 for the bar $10 for the chain he wouldn't sell me more than one
Out the door it was $27

Good price on the bar but my advise would be don't buy the chain there. That is the same chain that they put on the 6421 when they sell them and they are junk compared to a name brand non-safety chain.

Based on my 6241 and 372xt with my tester, I would say your comp numbers are more like 50psi low.

Did you go directly from running the 038 mag to running the 372? That'll throw you a little.
I never use the decompression button on either saw that has it. it really doesn't make it that much easier.....
I don't even understand why they put them on saws. Maybe on something around 100 plus CC.
The saw has pretty crappy balance with this bar. I need to get to 20 inch bars with the d009 mount one for this saw and one for the dcs6421 the Makita has the oddest balance of them all
The compression numbers have me confused but we can all agree that it needs a chain it's down to the triangle shape it was hoping to find a local place that had bars and chains for a reasonable price I really don't like ordering stuff online
The decomp isn't necessarily for weak arms. Some saws have a decomp to save the weaker plastic recoil parts.

I never use the decompression button on either saw that has it. it really doesn't make it that much easier.....
I don't even understand why they put them on saws. Maybe on something around 100 plus CC.
The saw has pretty crappy balance with this bar. I need to get to 20 inch bars with the d009 mount one for this saw and one for the dcs6421 the Makita has the oddest balance of them all
The compression numbers have me confused but we can all agree that it needs a chain it's down to the triangle shape it was hoping to find a local place that had bars and chains for a reasonable price I really don't like ordering stuff online

you haven't run across a saw that will nearly tear your fingers off when it kicks back, ..yet..

Did you go directly from running the 038 mag to running the 372? That'll throw you a little.

The decomp isn't necessarily for weak arms. Some saws have a decomp to save the weaker plastic recoil parts.

yup, one of my Jonny 590`s literally smashed its own recoil into several pieces. Huh!! I make sure I pull short and hard EVERY time now. That helps lots.

Great price on the bar ..... that is, if it’s decent quality and holds up over time.
As to the chain, I can’t tell from the pic, but most big box stores only sell ‘safety chain’ ie: reduced kick back ..... ie: no where near the cutting performance of a good professional chain.
But regardless, it should still cut much better than that rocked, and worn out chain you had.
Good luck, and let us know how she does.

looks like just enough hook in the gullet on that new chain. just enough...I would probably work a tiny bit more into it.

this based on a quick look on a computer of a pic of a chain in a bag. Ha!

don't tighten that chain too much! let it stretch naturally. Touch it up with a sharp file 2 or 3 strokes between each tank of fuel. Maintain the gullet!

No I've had the 372xp for a while I hadn't really been using it because of the chain in the bar size but I needed to cut bigger stuff then normal

Okay I just got back from Home Depot I got the wrong bar I was lucky they still had one left from the old saws they don't use the 6400 series anymore and the EA 6100 P uses the Husqvarna small mount or something similar to that here is a video of the old chain and old bar I will take a quick one here in a minute with the new chain once everything set up

From the video, Don’t seem to be nothing wrong with the way that saw’s running.
Just needs a good 20 inch bar and a ‘good’ sharp chain.
Then she’ll talk to ya

gotta be a lefty. They do exist. Not the most desirable thing.

you should try hard to switch that up while still in the `learning stage` August. You`ll thank us later.

I couldn't figure out what looked different...ha!
Yes i am. You guys don't miss much

Alright so here's the bar and chain. I was still able to get it to bog very easily in fact it really didn't cut that much better than rhe old one. this isn't even green stuff ...all my wood has already dried out fast.
Yeah I guess we'll have to work on the left-handed thing I have learned to play guitar right-handed so why not
The weird noises in the background are my neighbors down the street racing RC cars

Your chain is really dull. Even so, the saw should smoke the wood or burn the clutch or something bad, not just bog so easily. I think you need more fuel on the high.

Ya gotta start with the low tho..

First start with a sharp chain.

You beat me by a second with the second video

Latest posts

Back