Slamm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm, so Sam and I did agree on something. WTF kind of advantages would the dead blow have over an ax. The ax has a blade, its typically used for cutting, what?! Wood. An ax paired with a blade or any old sturdy metal corner and there's a cable cutter. Hang the ax in a kerf and now its a meter to let you know if she's going or not. The ax has limited flathead screwdriver capabilities as well, gas caps.. the ax serves as a hook to hang stuff off, as well as pulling ones self through the more challenging areas of the fall & buck.

The single bit ax is like the internal combustion engine, its an old idea, but it works so good that nothing is there to take its place in functionality. I always wondered why people take every hammer type tool into the woods except an ax.(youtube fallers)..

So? And don't say something like, the dead blow drives better. Your just not hitting hard enough.

Now I remember why I had you on ignore.

F

Yea, I was on his ignore list. That's okay, he turned over his boom skidded like I said he would. Flat too haha.

See above.

What do you want me to say? Do you an I'll do me..

I don't want you to say anything. But you're gonna anyway. I just don't have anyone on ignore anymore.

I actually like some of your posts, others not so much.

Luckily, I know the difference between "Don't like that guy" and "Ban that SOB".

I don't want you to say anything. But you're gonna anyway. I just don't have anyone on ignore anymore.

I actually like some of your posts, others not so much.

Luckily, I know the difference between "Don't like that guy" and "Ban that SOB".

Well that is good. What prompted you to recall your disdain with a post that was not related to you, and even if it had been. is there some content there which is inappropriate? Vulgar? Demeaning? ?? its a list of things you can do with your ax. I know I could not do my job without one. I'm sure there are plenty of bull bucks that would send a man home if he showed up without one, much less a soft hammer..

Well that is good. What prompted you to recall your disdain with a post that was not related to you, and even if it had been. is there some content there which is inappropriate? Vulgar? Demeaning? ?? its a list of things you can do with your ax. I know I could not do my job without one. I'm sure there are plenty of bull bucks that would send a man home if he showed up without one, much less a soft hammer..

Mostly the screwdriver comment. I carry an axe when cutting, but FFS, I have a scrench in my belt for screwdriver work.

EDIT for clarity: I'm not a faller, never will be.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I mostly agreed with Slamm re. ST, but it was a point that I didn't really think needed to be made, unless one was bored on a snowed in winter night and after a couple glasses of thinking enhancers.:laugh:

As far as chain. Eh, a guy can get the work done with what's on the saw with enough determination. I have my favorites for different jobs, but having the saw dressed just right isn't always in the cards. I've sharpened chain with the file on my SOG multi-tool when that was all I had. Another time I used sandpaper wrapped around welding rod. Both chains cut fine, and I don't want to ever be stuck doing it those ways again. But, when you need a saw, and someone pulls out a really dull one, and they don't have any files, a fellow does what hes gotta' do to get 'er done did.

Mr. HE:cool:

Oh, and I vote we ban the monkey, hit him in his money maker as it were. :jester:

Treemonkey ain't been around much anyway........why you hatin? :msp_biggrin:

No hate at all, nothing personal meant, I'm speaking strictly in a business sense. What brings drama brings dollars, works for Hollywood. :laugh:

BTW, what kind of chain would you use on holly wood?

I second that. Haha, I'm still gonna get ya monkey man. I'll call you M3 Mastermind, monkey man. That is who we are talking about no?

I honestly don't recall who we're talking about. I have no recollection of the conversation. I don't think you'll find any evidence of that.

Latest posts

Back