So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by rborist1
I played mechanic for the morning and then got reg. and insurance for the 5 tonne.......I pick up the darling tommorrow! I will post some pics once she is all done up, she is gonna be a thing of beauty.........................the ultimate chip truck!

So are ya gonna sell fries and burgers roadside in your new chip truck?
I'm having fun with my lattest truck, out goes the 2.9 with 16,000 KM and in goes a fully kick buttt supercharged 5.0 heart attack instigator. OH yes... my new 5 ton truck is better than yours:p

Sweet Truck!!!

attachment.php

Dayum!!!!:blob2:

I guess that's whats required in the frozen tundra?

Worked on a mostly dead 4'+- lombardy poplar. This tree has been challenging. Power company wouldn't kill the primary even though it doesn't feed anything on that end span. (Uninsulated)Grove 110 lift wouldn't fit in the main driveway with the axle pins locked, so wouldn't reach the bottom 35'. Axle pins wouldn't lock without turning wheels left, right, and then center. 2 bee hives around the base, which gave my lazy help an excuse to sneak away at lunch. Labor ready wouldn't send more help until I killed the bees and they came to make sure :rolleyes: Then they showed up with a guy allergic to bees and had to go get someone else, just in case. This tree must have grown a foot in diameter since it was bid 4 months ago:angry: This beer sure tastes good.

went to finish the top of the other cutter's strip, he stopped the other day after he got nailed about 10 times by a nest of hornets, first I was running out of good places to set my gear(didnt want to lose it in the fell and buck) so I put my pack and fuel in a hollow on a decent maple went about 140' away to dump a fir wanted to maintasin sidehill lay so aimed the fir just down hill of the maple, hit the mark fir and maple limbs crushed my pack and 1 gallon mix all drinking water, 85 degrees at 10 am on a slpope that gets the sun all ???? day. sniveled for a minute then went to deal with the trees by the hornets, got not so precise info on location of nest cut trees without incident. Had 2 heavy lean alders and a hemlock left, got one down no problem, chased it about 150' down the hill bucked it up went back to the other alder around 26" faced it up went for backcut, now remember these ???? things go quick, gotta cut that wood fast or it will barberchair, well about 2 inches into the backcut here comes a load of hornets out of the slash that split second of intense pain was all it took the tree barberchaired up to about 20' broke out and missed my body by about 2' I never stopped moving from the time I saw the split until I was about 15' away, the disadvantage of synthetic oil became apparent, no smoke to drive the little devils away. finally got saw and left the other hemlock for the rigging crew or until early Mon. morning The Bullbuck heard the split from the landing and when he heard my saw idleing for a few he thought the worst, came down saw that the day was shot as well as my nerves so we shut her down.

Not as exciting as all that.  Just went about 80' up a butternut for the experience and to watch Tree Machine do some magic.  I can't talk about it though; he made me sign an NDA.

Glen

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
So who left gear in the drop zone?

I'd be pissed! Deduct that from the profit of the job. :(

Or from somebody's paycheck.

Just an unfortunate accident. We were too worried about the size and where the top was going. We should have aired on the side of caution and moved the saw. My boss was cool about it. He realizes that these things happen. Trust me, this will be the last time!

Understand that the "boss" as I referred to him as is a real good friend of mine. He is the guy that I work for ( besides doing my own work ) that I have referred to in past threads. He was mad, but he realized that getting all pi$$ed off wouldn't solve the problem.

Originally posted by RAHTREELIMBS
Just an unfortunate accident. We were too worried about the size and where the top was going. We should have aired on the side of caution and moved the saw. My boss was cool about it. He realizes that these things happen. Trust me, this will be the last time!

Sorry. I'm more hardass about stuff like that. Believe me it was somebody's fault. There is no excuse.

Latest posts

Back