So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coops,
earplugs no don't like the idea of puttin a dirty bit of foam in my ear.anyway half deaf already like the rest of the crew.most common said word between us is "wot?"

eye protection sometimes if it's really windy and i can't position myself so as too get out of the way of sawdust

Blue, the finished reduction looks good-but I think those operations are generally more harmful than helpful in the long term. WEAR YOUR PROTECTIVE GEAR! You may already be half deaf but why go all the way?

Brian, Nice job. You are way faster than I.:cool:

Originally posted by blue
coops,
earplugs no don't like the idea of puttin a dirty bit of foam in my ear.anyway half deaf already like the rest of the crew.most common said word between us is "wot?"

eye protection sometimes if it's really windy and i can't position myself so as too get out of the way of sawdust

If the earplugs are dirty, it's from a lack of care by the owner. And in the noisy world of treework, 99% of all communication should be able to be get done with non-audible techniques.

Have any of you out there worked on an aircraft carrier, performing a launch? Trust me, you ain't screaming to each other. It's all hand/body/visual cues.

Blue, that's a sweet shot of you out there on the tip of that limb.:blob2:

Now, go get something for your eyes, ears, and narly noggin!!!:cool:

What!

How then,pray tell,can you say,in so many words,that you are mechanical disenfranchised.Is this an old sea story that starts out,now this is no bs----

Haha! All's we did was remove and replace. Yank a panel, pull the malfunctioning unit, and slap in a new one. You should see me safetywire!

The navy called it being a mechanic, not me. :D

Fun day...

Been working the past two days doing trimming in an explosives storage facility.

Carefully, mind you.;)

VERY carefully.
:D :eek:

What today!

Rigged and pulled 1100 ft.,3 conductor 500 mcm armored cable.2 pulls,1" braided line[double] 8000 lb. ensley chugger,4 electricians.2 ,1/2 hour breaks , 1 hour lunch. Not bad eh!

Easy day today. Removed one small declining apple, pruned another apple, removed a Pyracantha (OUCH!), and did a deadwood, storm damage and shaping prune on a good sized Austrian Pine .(the tree was pretty lopsided due to crowding from a cottonwood that was removed a couple of years ago.-It's still lopsided but looks pretty good from 3 sides now and is nudged along toward more even development.:cool:) Ground the stumps and a large surface root from an elm stump (stump outside fence root in a planter bed.) Came home and unpacked the Husky 281 that I bought from Cliff. Sliced a few cottonwood rounds into halves and quarters before the firewood guy got here to clean up my yard.:)

hey guys please don't beat on me about PPE.i know i should wear a helmet but i just can't get on with them they drive me feckin' insane when climbing.i know the importance ogf protective gear as i ride off road motorcycles in my spare time.i would never dream of goin' out with out wearing MX boots,knee+shin gaurds,full upper body armour,helmet and gloves as i understand the risks i'm takin which are i fell considerably more than working in tree.

how many of you have spanked their head hard enough that a helmet has eased the blow?was this your fault from not paying attention too what was above/around you or aware of what could happen after you cut a piece out?

please don't beat me up about this but I HATE HELMETS when climbing

so i assume all your work is private jobs??
most of the companies we contract to and local authoroties etc would kick us off the job on the spot for not having full ppe

not beating on you, just curious.

not all private work do a fair bit for local authorities thing is the client officer is not fussed as long as the job gets done.this may sound lapse on thier behalf but he 'aint to clued up on these things and probably doesn't give a $hit as long as he gets his work done.

fair enough if you can get away with it i suppose. i aim surprised though, sure it will only be a matter of time before hes replaced though with how strict they are on safety
where in the south east you from anyway?

I was playing 'avoid the pine sap' today, with little luck. I TD some large pine snags that I had stripped last week. Ya'll know what that means! SapCity!!!

Oh well, time to give the 'ole Maytag another workout.

Hey Blue, have you ever tried a bump cap? They aren't anything like a hardhat, but a heck of a lot better than nothing.

attachment.php

do you remember when you started off in tree work, sitting down on a freshly cut pine log for lunch and having your trousers stuck to your arse the rest of the day.
how many times did i do that before the message sunk in

Latest posts

Back