So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working in the city of Rochester,NY on the contract but its never easy in the winter.Today was 31 degrees and it rained until 2:30 and then snowed fron then on.It get wet and slippery and your soaked.......I would'nt work in this crap if I had more of a nest egg.

sure jumper, rub it in. btw, what are on earth you doing in front of a computer screen? wait dont tell me- its a wireless connection, and you're poolside

Actually looking for a job, no duff. Today a trip to the USS Arizona, Wheeler Field, Schofield Barracks, Fort Shafter adn the Punchbowl. The highlight had to be seeing the USS Abraham Lincoln entering Pearl Harbour. Now at HNL airport about to board Delta back to Cinci and then on to Toronto. GREAT three days.

Lucky heading back to Toronna???? Not. LOL. Actually two job prospects have presented themselves while I was away, so see what tomorrow brings. The -15C temps and the foot of snow on arrival here are a little tough to stomach, but forward.

sorry no pics. two pines one about 90 ft tall and one short about 50 ft. btw this is my first actual climb. we have done a few jobs but i have not been the climber. i have practiced on a dozen or more trees. anyways went up to top of tree and tied in, skinning all the way up. lowered down so partner could pull me over to next tree (he wanted me to jump, i wanted to have a cig) topped it then went back to original tree. went up about 20 ft put my cut then went around tree for the other cut. cut then took a ride. man i was nervous but i found it to be fun. felt like i was riding in a convertable. anyways i'm stoked everything went perfect no damage or injuries and fridays payday....wait thats today

I knocked over an ash that was washing out underneath due to the creek, leaning over into a spruce at @ 45* angle and over the house. Took a whole hour and a half, leave all debris on property. After that, nada. (it is friday after all)
-Ralph

a_lopa said:
what line of work mitch?

Something that pays for the fun things in life comes to mind. I have been applying for more work overseas but in the interim there was a tree company looking for some groundguys closeby so fired in a resume to them Friday and scouted out the place as well (Time spent on recce is seldom wasted-old Army addage). Something permanent in supply chain management would be great, but at this point I just want to go to work as I can only play so much hockey. On the ice this morning at 0715 for two hours helping out as a target for an acquintance's adult hockey sessions, and am going to do the same for another hour at 1815 this evening, so sure am getting some free ice time in. Mind you got run over once today, and hit in the temple a second time whilee taking a break, fortunately had my mask on!!! Woke me up in a hurry!!

Worked with an AS member, Mr. Jason Ladue. Took down a 28" rotten tri-top maple in an exclusive neighborhood. Had to carry the wood over a bridge and through two gates. Filled up the chip box, had firewood and brush in the mancab. Tied a full garbage can onto and hung the blower off the chipper. It started raining right when the job was completed. A good day, 6 3/4 hours on site.

Latest posts

Back