So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That three tree T/D that I quoted the other day turned into a two tree T/D. Owner wanted the third tree to stay. Took the two down and dead limbed the other as well as cleaned up the owners "handy work"! All went well and the fence is still intact. :D The before pic can be seen in thread #1104. Nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon! HC

Last edited:
So I've started a new job with a fairly large company in the north east, 4th week. I live in central Ct and now work on the shore line (long Island Sound). It's cool cause I am not doing removals too much anymore, all day everyday, though I still loves me a good take down. Anyway today I worked at Rupert Murdock's sons summer home. Mabey one day a summer. Cool. If you don't know he owns FOX and a bunch of other big media. (Fox fan.) On the same st. last week I worked at the Land o' Lakes Heireses House. Both these properties are on the Ct river shoreline. Funny because I grew up and still live on the river, up River. I am just a regular guy, hense my carere path. Anyway it is cool to work on high end properties, although Murdocks house is occupied once a year if that and could just as well be in my neighborhood1 (circa 1820). Fairield county by NYC is the place to be, I could be pruning Martha's tree's, wich is a good thing. I could only Imagine the work in So, Cal!

Isn't it fun? We did some work for the Stouffers (frozen food) and picked up a chip pile for one of the Asplundh children. Greg said the wood was stacked perfect! Met a guy that worked on Walter Cronkites house up north. We did a little work for Jimmy Johnson when he first moved down here (Dallas Cowboys, Dolphins) but he only used us twice, found a cheaper (hack) to do his work.

went back today to remove another one just like it- notice the boxwood hedge all along the dropzone, rhodies, little hemlocks, dogwood... much roping. no "after" pictures to speak of. the lighting was all wrong. i'll go back tomorrow to drop log (34' stick. 30" dbh). it has to be dropped directly against a strong lean. should land it right next to the log from yesterday. will have better pics of the whole thing (including yesterday's drop zone) tomorrow pm...

Last edited:
Today I pruned 2 small apples and gave a pruning lesson while doing it. A young man who does wildfire mitigation work has a contract with the city of Durango, CO to do fire mitigation work. One of the terms of the contract is that he get a Durango city arborist license(He must take a written test and then he has to prune a small tree and explain why he is cutting what he removes). I gave him some ISA literature, A copy of "Tree Basics" by Dr. Shigo some sources for more info and explained collar cuts, basic pruning and reduction cuts. Nice guy-I hope that he pursues arboriculture. Then I went and removed 2 Spruce. The bigger one(18-19 inch dbh) had to be climbed and peiced out-easy but more work than the other one that I could dump. Man those things were brushy. I started the day with about a garbage can full of chips in the truck. 2 armloads of apple prunings and those 2 Spruce (limbs only- the customer kept the firewood) and the Intn'l is FULL!

Back