So what did you get for Christmas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video=youtube;IKV09-c3v_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKV09-c3v_8[/video]

Not S.W.A.T.. S.C.U.B.A..

adynamic018.jpg

Anything bigger than a small pen knife should have a handle that protects the hand with the blade being of non-foldable one piece construction capable of surviving pretty much anything. I'll get a pic of the blade later.

Let me bring you into focus on this pdqdl ...

Unless I am mistaken, we are talking about a certificate posted by AA. I'm pretty sure that he is an older fellow; I recall something like 63 years old? You can't get there from 12 years old in 1999.

I was just poking a little harmless fun at him. It's just a little out of focus, and I suspect it was done on purpose. Almost all his other pics are sharply focused. He seems to enjoy this kind of conflict, and certainly doesn't mind taking up the gauntlet. You needn't stand up for him; he does a fine job of representing himself.

You are mistaken pdqdl, the certificate I posted was Matts. I didn't take that photo so don't blame me if it's out of focus! I just turned Matt's upside down photo right side up for him.

And you never answered whether I was right or wrong in the pulley thread about setting up a gang of pulleys at different angles even if you thought setting a block as a redirect was cheating. I mean it was all hypothetical, in actuality I mostly use the tractor to pull things, or the dump truck if I want a "force multiplier". The capstan wench is a bit more elegant but brute force is usually quicker.

Furthermore, I don't enjoy the conflict, not when it gets stupid and personal. But I'll be happy to debate or even argue with you over rigging, you seem knowledgeable, if not personable, and I respect that.

Well sure I was mistaken! It's surprisingly easy to do.

Speaking of being mistaken, how is it that you read my post #119, yet you overlooked my post #120? I made a polite and complete retraction of all my mistakes in this thread. Stihl-o-matic brought that to my attention, and I have already done my best to take care of the problem.

With respect to other threads, I think it is best to keep them contained within the thread they started in. I am still contemplating whether or not to answer the question.

Arguing or debating about such factual topics as the mechanical advantage from pulleys would be pointless. They are too well understood to allow for opinions; consequently you end up arguing about logical or trivial points rather than anything of substance. That or educating someone who lacks proper understanding.

When I was a young man, I was very quick to leap into an argument with people over any topic for which I had a differing thought. Since I zealously desired to always be right, I honed my skills at arguing [debate?], but I also went to extra effort to keep well informed and always be right. Later in life,I have learned that I am liked much better for one mistake freely admitted than 1000 occasions of never being wrong.

Also, people trust me much more for my honesty when wrong than they ever have for being right. It seems to me that most folks have a quick understanding of who is being honest, and who is just covering their ass to avoid the embarassment of being mistaken. Quite frankly, I have such a big healthy ego that I can easily afford to acknowledge a few mistakes in exchange for never sacrificing my integrity.

BTW: I didn't get hardly anything for christmas. I refuse to publish a wish list, I don't generally want anything that I could accept as a gift, and I have gotten to the point where no one really knows what to give me. My wife does a pretty good job with small items.

4 days before christmas, she had to tell me not to buy one of the cheap 5-gallon bucket liner/ tool carriers. I was going to get one, but she had already beaten me to it. And that was the first time I had ever considered getting one. Kinda freaky, huh?

There! We are back on topic.

Turning into a Shigo nut

Have only read 150 or so pages of MA, already feel like I know more. I already know most of the stuff, but then he puts in his 2 cents, and that is where the gold is.

ooops!

Stihl-o-matic is looking our for you guys. He just told me in a pm that the certificate that aa reposted (no longer upside down and out of focus) was for someone else. So it seems that i was mistaken, and all of my attempts at wry humor were a bit shy of the mark.

Sorry about that. I guess i should read more carefully. I got confused, and i had no intention of poking fun at you.

Congratulations on the award.

If more of you guys would admit your mistakes too, there might be fewer flame wars around here.
apology accepted

hes outside washing all the green plant like material off it first... after all this is Dano we are talking about.

If it wasnt for that pummel (bottem of handle,I think thats what its called) which appears worthy of stake driving and head cracking, I would fully expect the blade to be made of lego.:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back