So what's the current Two stroke oil favorite for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before those I posted I had used we real quarts of the husky xp plus or whatever you could buy in black bottle with blue label from Lowe's. It's semi synthetic. But I had several well known guys that were and may still be here and also on another forum we all probably know tell me that stuff was terrible and coked up saws worse than anything they have used. I quit it after that. Don't want to deal with that even though I didn't think I had a problem with it up till that point .
I use OEM synthetic brand name tend to add more than the 40:1

Ok...

But that is how I understand why TC oils are/would be superior in comparison with TD oils....

Althoug its contraintiniutive that higher spec would be inferior?
TD oils as previously advised were for marine oil applications ( outboard) that operate at much lower temperatures , there fore Ashless oil is required . Ash additives " mettalic " can cause deposit formation within low temp operating engines . Therefore TC low ash oils were designed for air cooled engine applications where the higher operating temperature could utilize the ash effectively without residue or carbon deposits becoming an issue . Both are as advised rudimentary & obsolete within today's more refined premium 2T oil specifications . If you want the best protection use Jaso FD certified oils . Otherwise use FB or FC with knowledge of proper mixing & tuning requirements according to your engine usage . Simple as that !

TD oils as previously advised were for marine oil applications ( outboard) that operate at much lower temperatures , there fore Ashless oil is required . Ash additives " mettalic " can cause deposit formation within low temp operating engines . Therefore TC low ash oils were designed for air cooled engine applications where the higher operating temperature could utilize the ash effectively without residue or carbon deposits becoming an issue . Both are as advised rudimentary & obsolete within today's more refined premium 2T oil specifications . If you want the best protection use Jaso FD certified oils . Otherwise use FB or FC with knowledge of proper mixing & tuning requirements according to your engine usage . Simple as that !
If api TC is obsolete then why is the spec still listed on bottles.

Yes.....cca 1year ago oilspecifications.org stated 2stroke oil specs as...

API TC = JASO FC + additional demands / ISO L-EGC = JASO FC + additional demands....

And the same was written for API TD

TCW3 was separate standard.....

Now they changed that as API TD = TCW3..... Funny!

Thats why I was confused!

are you happy with these 2 what do you use?what mix are you doing
They are definitely superb oils....BUT!

I am not a professional logger....more like occasional/seasonal user...so my saws an (s)trimmer dont get much use...and even when they do....I am not nearly using them on their limits...

So...for me....Motul 800 smokes too much @32:1...and leaves goo in mufflers...

Ipone....said it has pleasant strawberry scent....well....it smells more like burnt plastic :) You are trimming for 5 minutes and you are already annoyed because of those burnt strawberries...

I am looking after Shell ultra....like his (on paper) low burning point (that at least in teory means clean exhaust)....

If you are not advanced/hard user....always try to focus on sythetic oils with low burning points!

Another example of good oil would be Motul 2t 710 (or Motul Scooter Power....I think that is the same oil under different label!)

Back