solo vs sthil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the solo and stihl thing, I would make my choice on the dealer and service. I don't think their is even a solo dealer around here.

thats a pretty big call... if my local ryobi dealer was great, but the husky guy was an a$$, id buy the husky and get it repaired next door at the ryobi dealer :D:D:D

certainly wouldnt by a $hit saw just cos the dealer had a smile

thats a pretty big call... if my local ryobi dealer was great, but the husky guy was an a$$, id buy the husky and get it repaired next door at the ryobi dealer :D:D:D

certainly wouldnt by a $hit saw just cos the dealer had a smile
Well i'll agree with ya there. The ryobi dealer already knows how to work on the husky. He sees a lot of em.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:All kidding aside though if there is no solo dealer around or vice versa then if you've narrowed your saw choice between solo and stihl there is no other choice.

Last edited:
Have to say the Solo has treated me well in the big saw. I don't have some of the others (love to have a 460 or 660). It will run the 28" bar like nothing else I have run. For smaller stuff, sure I'm taking something else, but still can't complain. For the price and the warrenty, it is good to go for me.
Chad

The only finish line full of losers, LOL. Get a real saw, Stihl.:clap:

i dont have time to muck around hauling one of thoes things around, let alone trying to service the thing. how many bolts do you need to hold that thing together? the only reason id want to a stihl is so i can build some extra muscle, and add the line "well experienced in filter cleaning" to my resume.

i dont have time to muck around hauling one of thoes things around, let alone trying to service the thing. how many bolts do you need to hold that thing together? the only reason id want to a stihl is so i can build some extra muscle, and add the line "well experienced in filter cleaning" to my resume.

LOL, speaking of bolts........how many of your's have fell out? Better had check 'em all before you burn a hole in the oil tank.

LOL, speaking of bolts........how many of your's have fell out? Better had check 'em all before you burn a hole in the oil tank.

well none of mine fall out... but i went to bolt tightening school. how are you cr@p clutches that always fly apart, and destroy every moving part in the saw? ohhhhhhhhhh that bad huh. hmmmm... tighten 1 bolt, or fork out $100 for a new clutch and oiler every 3 months. take you pick, solo man

well none of mine fall out... but i went to bolt tightening school. how are you cr@p clutches that always fly apart, and destroy every moving part in the saw? ohhhhhhhhhh that bad huh. hmmmm... tighten 1 bolt, or fork out $100 for a new clutch and oiler every 3 months. take you pick, solo man

Never had a clutch come apart, did see one 440 shoe smack the cylinder clean off a 372 one day, nasty.

Solo? I would buy a 7900 way before a Solo. Maybe beating ya'll a**es solo but the Stihl team always wins.:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back