Some new Big Saw Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice work hoss.:clap:
never heard of the big stihl before... i thought the 090 was the king?

with a bit more chain it looked like that solo would have licked 'em all! sounded like it was hardly working hard!
:cheers:

Uh oh! Tommy I think they are on to you.:greenchainsaw:

No, I'm onto to Parris, he makes alot of comments like that, I may search the threads and put them all together,ewwwwwwwwwwwwww,LOLOL

I think Parris is covering up for himself,LOLOL

Hey hey hey, don't turn this around on me. Your the one with the staring problem!!

with a bit more chain it looked like that solo would have licked 'em all! sounded like it was hardly working hard!

Its a SKIL, not a STIHL.

No, I'm onto to Parris, he makes alot of comments like that, I may search the threads and put them all together,ewwwwwwwwwwwwww,LOLOL

Hmmmmm, I only think it. You act it. LOL LOL

Actually the big one is a SKIL not a STIHL. Sounds like enough though. I think it's actually made by Power Machine.

That Solo did whip them all but I think the wood was getting smaller time he got to the Solo. That Homie had a square chunk on the edge of the log to cut through that the Solo didn't. Both run pretty good indeed but the Skil sounded the best...

That Solo did whip them all but I think the wood was getting smaller time he got to the Solo. That Homie had a square chunk on the edge of the log to cut through that the Solo didn't. Both run pretty good indeed but the Skil sounded the best...

ha ha ha ha. Your wood was getting larger though!!!!!:jawdrop:

:cheers:[/QUOTE]

Yeah the solo was quick, but the 650 is the stronger saw despite it's 3cc disadvantage. The chain was definately the difference. You can push the 650 much harder, but thet crapped out chipper chain only takes but so big a bite.

Isn't it basically the same as a PM275? Canada at its finest!!

The 275 is actually 123cc's vs the 1690's 139cc's, but they look very similar. I have run two 275's in my life. One I owned and one belonged to a buddy. Mine was sloooww, my buddy's was quicker, but neither one would touch this 1690. Maybe the 275's were bad examples, but that is my impression based on using them.

The 275 is actually 123cc's vs the 1690's 139cc's, but they look very similar. I have run two 275's in my life. One I owned and one belonged to a buddy. Mine was sloooww, my buddy's was quicker, but neither one would touch this 1690. Maybe the 275's were bad examples, but that is my impression based on using them.

Ahh, ok, couldn't remember the cc size. Thanks! I always though the 275 was a bad ass saw.

Hoss I see alot of logs there, has Scott decided to build there yet or is he still debating on it???

Nice saws HOSS. They are all top notch and I know you take a lot of pride in the homelites. If I had to choose a favorite then the 1130 is it. I got this thing for a gear drive right now something aweful. Direct drive it would be the 650 with the solo in a close third. I do like that 990 but prefer them in the gear drive form.

Keep up the good videos :cheers:

Hoss I see alot of logs there, has Scott decided to build there yet or is he still debating on it???

He's still thinkin on it. The real estate market going in the crapper has complicated things a bit, but something else that might be better could be in the works for old Scotty. I will be adding a bunch more videos this week, so hopefully there will be less logs by friday. There is a 46" oak laying on the ground about 100yds back, but he is going to have that one milled.

Nice saws HOSS. They are all top notch and I know you take a lot of pride in the homelites. If I had to choose a favorite then the 1130 is it. I got this thing for a gear drive right now something aweful. Direct drive it would be the 650 with the solo in a close third. I do like that 990 but prefer them in the gear drive form.

Keep up the good videos :cheers:

Glad ya like em. I was running out of light so I had to quit, but I just got a super 1050 (last model made) that is in even better condition than the 1130 with the 0original 36" homelite labled bar. That one will be in the next batch of vids along with the OLYMPIK 999F that I recently got and the early 090 I got recently. Also finished a nice 048 that runs strong that'll probably be in there too.

He's still thinkin on it. The real estate market going in the crapper has complicated things a bit, but something else that might be better could be in the works for old Scotty. I will be adding a bunch more videos this week, so hopefully there will be less logs by friday. There is a 46" oak laying on the ground about 100yds back, but he is going to have that one milled.

Cool beans. We got a log supplier now. Trenton said he would get us some nice logs to play in. I'm gonna get him bring a few here to the house about 2 foot round so we can have some fun,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Latest posts

Back