Some new Big Saw Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be making an all Echo video for the loyal Echo fans out there that get no respect. It'll have an 802, a 900, a 1001 and my 100 in it just to prove that Echo did make a few muscle saws.

I preferred the ol' 1130G myself but, I'm an ol' school gear head! LOL!! Speed surely ain't everything unless you're a production cutter or going for bragging rights. Nice vid's though! Super job, thanks you do a great job. You make most 166's quake in their boots!

I preferred the ol' 1130G myself but, I'm an ol' school gear head! LOL!! Speed surely ain't everything unless you're a production cutter or going for bragging rights. Nice vid's though! Super job, thanks you do a great job. You make most 166's quake in their boots!

Yeah, I try not to neglect the geardrives. Theres just something about the way you can push a geardrive, maybe it's mycaveman nature, I don't know but it sho is fun. I have a poulan 744 on the way which is a poulan 245 with a geardrive on it. They are pretty rare so i'm excited. I will be sure to post a vid once I have it running.

The 275 is actually 123cc's vs the 1690's 139cc's, but they look very similar. I have run two 275's in my life. One I owned and one belonged to a buddy. Mine was sloooww, my buddy's was quicker, but neither one would touch this 1690. Maybe the 275's were bad examples, but that is my impression based on using them.

That 1690 Skil (PM Canadien) looks like a good runner! Let me know if you ever want to part with it.

Steve

Yeppers, they sure are a blast, keep us posted on the 744. I will be waiting, I'm sure others will be also. Again, great job on the vid's! We all enjoy them.

That 1690 Skil (PM Canadien) looks like a good runner! Let me know if you ever want to part with it.

Steve

I appreciate the offer, but unless I find another one in better condition then I will probably not be lettin this one go.

I appreciate the offer, but unless I find another one in better condition then I will probably not be lettin this one go.

At least until he coughs up a pristine KMS4.

This is probably the best place to ask!
What is the largest cc Homelite, one man, gear drive saw they made?

Not many of those 1690's out there.:) How is the overall condition besides the paint?

Not many of those 1690's out there.:) How is the overall condition besides the paint?

It is in good complete condition with nothing broken or missing. The one thing I did do was remove the primer and install a choke in the stock carb. It starts much easier now. Air filter is good and there is enough of the decal that I am having one reproduced for when it is painted.

Back