Some new Big Saw Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's funny though- They seemed to export more of their stuff than selling local. I see the 270s and 185s on ebay.uk all the time and there seems to be a residual population of large PM saws in OZ.

Ya, there is lots in AUS. I've still got this 270 in pieces. I think I should do that before any of my newer saws. I've only every actually seen 1 Skil, and it was just a little guy.

Ya, there is lots in AUS. I've still got this 270 in pieces. I think I should do that before any of my newer saws. I've only every actually seen 1 Skil, and it was just a little guy.

Well if you need parts, you can raid this 185 carcass I have here, it's complete. A lot of the 185 parts are shared with the 270.

Nice videos Hoss.
You got some great muscle saws.
That 1130 sounds sweet when it comes
out of 4 stroking.
Welcome to the 1690 club. Glad it's up
and running.

Lee

I preferred the ol' 1130G myself but, I'm an ol' school gear head! LOL!! Speed surely ain't everything unless you're a production cutter or going for bragging rights. Nice vid's though! Super job, thanks you do a great job. You make most 166's quake in their boots!

Come on now, We know the 166 is KING.
Hoss we need a video of the 750 against the 166
in the same wood with the same chain.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Lee

Hoss we need a video of the 750 against the 166
in the same wood with the same chain.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Lee[/QUOTE]

That could be hard as the dolmar uses the stihl large mount bars and the homelite uses the smaller tail D196 mount. I have found that the large mount stihl usually require an extra link of chain over the D196's. Unless i'm doing something wrong.

Hoss, those are some great videos of some very nice saws (especially the Homelites :)). Thanks for sharing 'em.

Dan

Those are some good videos Hoss. Whenever I am on youtube, I always do a search for sawsell to see if you have anything new uploaded. I would have to say that the 1130g and the 650 were my favorites of the bunch. I think that the 1690 should be richened a little more on the high side.

I think that the 1690 should be richened a little more on the high side.[/QUOTE]

Runnin a little hot is it? That was the first time cutting with it since I got it going so I will be doing some tuning. The first thing I need to do is get a bar for it that the oil hole matches up on.

Runnin a little hot is it? That was the first time cutting with it since I got it going so I will be doing some tuning. The first thing I need to do is get a bar for it that the oil hole matches up on.

Hoss - Thanks for posting the videos. Love the 1690. You gunna bring it to the next VA,WV GTG to share with all the boys?

:greenchainsaw:

Back