Something Gypo Logger's Never Cut!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty work and hard on the saws. Chains don't last long, but his Cannon bars hold up well. All his saws are set up with Maxflow filters changed everyday.

Dennis is that filter cover the one that comes with the 066/Maxflow kit??? or is that another aftermarket brand??? it looks yellow????

Dennis is that filter cover the one that comes with the 066/Maxflow kit??? or is that another aftermarket brand??? it looks yellow????

I thought he's been using Maxflow filters and covers.....so it must of faded.

:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw: That explains the Gypo pics.. he was just competing... ;)

Lakeside......Whazzzzzzup!......You mean you don't have any BA's or naked logging pictures of your Azzzzzz????:monkey: ......I'd post my famous big stump BA, but someone might think I'm posting p*rn*graphy again......Hahahahahaha!

Last edited:
Nice pics, eerie landscape. It doesn't appear that side drift due to heavy limbs is much of a problem there :greenchainsaw:

We don't get forest fires very often around this area, how long does it take before anything starts to regrow?
Nice Pic Dennis

We don't get forest fires very often around this area, how long does it take before anything starts to regrow?
Nice Pic Dennis

Days for the grass. Some timber types have natural seedlings the next fall. A lot is dependent on just how hot the fire burned. Heavy fuel loading leading to longer burn duration cooks more of the nutrients out of the soil.

Great pics dennis. Good to see some real stuff.

Lakeside......Whazzzzzzup!......You mean you don't have any BA's or naked logging pictures of your Azzzzzz????:monkey: ......I'd post my famous big stump BA, but someone might think I'm posting p*rn*graphy again......Hahahahahaha!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I have a few of old old girlfriends, but my male friends don't tend to drink naked with me:greenchainsaw:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I have a few of old old girlfriends, but my male friends don't tend to drink naked with me:greenchainsaw:

Lakeside......I know you're a Stihl lover......but don't tell me you were just looking at Gypo's 088....or was that a 084......Hahahahahahaha!

thanks for sharing the pics for those of us who don't get to see that stuff everyday...

Days for the grass. Some timber types have natural seedlings the next fall. A lot is dependent on just how hot the fire burned. Heavy fuel loading leading to longer burn duration cooks more of the nutrients out of the soil.

Great pics dennis. Good to see some real stuff.

I walked a few miles of the 2002 Haymen fire remains , pure moonscape!

That one sterilized the ground, in spots, you can tell those areas by the holes the burnt out roots leeve in the ground!

Burnt 60,000 acres in one day, and in 20 days burnt 138,000 acres and burnt 133 homes and ranches a couple were friends of mine.

LINK

Here is a not as burnt area a few years later:

584284-986e66b5-6c58-4c77-9a62-da4de36c135a.jpg

Here's the first tree cut in the burn with a 681 Solo. The saw will be broke in and used mostly at another job cutting green timber.

moonlightburn014.jpg

I used to cut almost exclusively dead stuff when I worked or the forest service. It really can dull your chain down quickly. I wonder if semi-chisel would work better in that kind of cutting situation? I don't miss getting that dirty. Working in ash all day is hard on your cuticles too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back