Southern Tier NY GTG July 15th (any interest?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i found some 4'-6' DBH maple i am going to snag a few pieces tommorow. This weekend we are skidding the tops and starting to do some setup.

we skidded about 20 tops oak and ash, yesteday morning. should be enough to keep us busy. we will have a minihoe with a thumb there so nobody has to bend over to cut!lol! sat am were gonna get the big stuff and get that setup off of the ground so the big saws can do timed cuts. contact info name is bret 607-738-3910:rock:

we skidded about 20 tops oak and ash, yesteday morning. should be enough to keep us busy. we will have a minihoe with a thumb there so nobody has to bend over to cut!lol! sat am were gonna get the big stuff and get that setup off of the ground so the big saws can do timed cuts. contact info name is bret 607-738-3910:rock:

what did you skid them with a big silver jeep?

Update.

Gots some more wood hauled today.

bigwood.jpg

Nice little chunk of maple for the big saws to eat.

bigwood2.jpg

A few more decent sized chunks.

jeeplogger.jpg

here a the Aspen logs for cookie cutting and racing.

Doesnt look like many people from AS will be coming but we have quite a few locals should be a good time.

Have fun!!! Louden for the race tomorrow, pretty sure it's the equivalent of an outdoor oven.

awesome guys! will have a sign at the driveway, then follow a paved rd about1/2 mile to the top of the hill and we will be there. still have to put the thumb on the minihoe in the morning. also will have some burgurs around noon, local logger bringin some 395s and 660s and maybe a 288 hopefully stihls wont be too outnumbered!:rock:

We had a great time today. about 8-10 people throught the day. We ran some really fast and fun saws. JWalker even let us run his Brand new 550 auto tune which is a sweet saw. We cut up all our tops and made cookies aswell. we were so busy running saws and BSing i didnt get many pictures. We got this picture when everybody took a break for lunch.

GTG71512.jpg

great time had by all maybe we will have another one this fall.

Last edited:
Looks like I missed a fun time. Couldn't convince the whole family to reschedule the vacation for a GTG. I guess they just don't get it. :msp_biggrin:

If you do another in the fall, I'll be there for sure.

Latest posts

Back