Spring My A$$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up with this weather, Sunday it was 70°, today its 25° with snow on the ground this morning when I woke up.
I even cut some more fire wood to keep the OWB going.

Damn Al Gore anyway.
We had that here over the weekend too. Hot on sat when we were splitting wood and cold and snowing sun night. Got to love the Midwest.

I love it, its snowing outside, and the woodstove is pumping out the heat. I'm going to miss winter when it finally leaves.

Hey no bugs!
I hate the summer, I love to cut wood in the cold. "Firewood warms you twice, once when you cut and once when you light it". Ain't nothing like a fire at night, got one going now.

Fired up my woodfurnace for hopefully the last time this afternoon after work too. 70 F when I went to work yesterday morning, and 25 when I went to work this morning! I do love a good fire though. But it would be nice to build up the wood stacks a bit!

I'm in Tennessee, and we have a freeze warning for tonite, it will be around 28. I have a big garden with plants out there right now that I'm covering up with sheets so they won't be damaged or killed. It's half past midnite and I'm not half done yet. I'm inside right now stoking the woodheater - in the middle of April.

One of the worst aspects of spring's arrival is that my woodstove is my clothes dryer. In the summer my ceiling fan is my clothes dryer. The worst times are spring and fall. No fan or fire required. Don't wanna hang clothes outside. Leaves them vulnerable to tampering. Don't tamper with the pampers.

Woke up to barely a coating of snow on the grass and wet snow coming down as I type. This is total CRAP.

Rained hard here yesterday, turned to snow around 8 last evening, woke up to 4" of snow, 20 degrees and some wind so it feels like 16. Had to light the fire last night, I thought it was shut down for the summer. Mother nature is a dirty rotten biotch!

This bites.

Sunday was in the 70s, we set out the SheWolf's new flower bed with azaleas, rose bushes and blooming tulips. Temp was in the mid-60s when I left for work yesterday. Got off work and it was sleeting. This morning there was a sheet of ice on everything.

She fired up the wood burner some time last night, it's still going. Just brought a couple totes of wood in. Dunno how the tulips are gonna fare but I presume the blooms are toast for this year.

I swear, Ma Nature's been drinkin' that cheap wine again.

Frost last night, although not a hard one, I *think* my tomatoes survived.

Had an oak ugly fire this morning.....

Don't wanna hang clothes outside. Leaves them vulnerable to tampering. Don't tamper with the pampers

Wha... Wha.... HUH ??? Youz guys south of Mason and Dixon's line, actually have people that "tamper" with your nasty laundry hanging on a line outside ? HAHAHA. Well, we've had a few gal under-gutchy pervs up north here, but for the most part, the tampering is contained to a basic sexual fetish. Not some random act of tampering.
:laugh:

Back