Started my splitter build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
59b6cd3ab91f2b0d0bb0edc44986e08f.jpg

Manifold for hydraulic return lines.

e29a11640c3f1795c62503906f2c966a.jpg

Mount for filter.

e6ebf9cb47d4c745af9b45120a5c1d1e.jpg

What is the best way to connect the power beyond to the valves that will operate the log lift and adjustable wedge.

I was thinking 3/4 npt to #12 jic female swivel on both valves then a #12 jic double male between them. Sort of a high pressure union.

Good idea. If it gives me the space for long 90 on the return port. Am I on the right track using fittings to connect?

Good idea. If it gives me the space for long 90 on the return port. Am I on the right track using fittings to connect?
nope not enough room for a sweeping 90... maybe if you put a long male JIC adapter instead of a standard length... Parker# 12FFTX you might have enough room?
it doesn't matter how you connect them as long as its rated for the pressure... on mine the split valve is to my right at about waist level when splitting, and the lift valve is centered above/behind the push plate so I can use it from either side, but I only split from one side so I put it where it was comfortable and ran hose for power beyond to my lift valve...

59b6cd3ab91f2b0d0bb0edc44986e08f.jpg

Manifold for hydraulic return lines.

I am baffled by this. With those valves you have a return line out of each valve tee'd together and then feed into the filter. From the filter directly into the tank. So what's the manifold for?

Hey firebrick

The left valve is an auto cycle with power beyond. The silver fittings between the valves are high pressure jic 12 male to female to make a union. Each valve has a return to tank that will go into the manifold. Also there will be a dump valve to the manifold. The dump will bypass about 50% of the fluid from going thru the auto cycle valve taking it directly to the manifold. This will speed up cycle time, save wear on valve, and reduce heat. From the manifold fluid will go thru filter and back into tank.

I purchased all my hydraulic parts from James as well. He know his stuff for sure.

He's one of the nicest guys I've dealt with and truely cares that you get what you want. Several things were messed up with my order that was NO fauolt of his, it was his suppliers and he went above and beyond to see that it was resolved. That alone is why I will only buy from him as you just do NOT find that very often. Add to that he knows all the ins and outs of what he is supplying and how to build it....priceless.

Eric, your splitter is awesome. Fab is top notch and those welds, beautiful sir.

Thanks Kevin, I have been looking your build over and you have an impressive splitter. Your fab and welding skills are at the top as well.

Thanks Kevin, I have been looking your build over and you have an impressive splitter. Your fab and welding skills are at the top as well.

"Someday" I'll get a mill as I sit here a drool over yours and what you can do. Would save a lot of time and dirty air, that's for sure! Really enjoy watching your project come together. By the way, Nothing wrong with overkill!:clap:

I have seen things bend or break that you would have never thought possible. If you look back towards the beginning of this build I did make a correction to the splitting end. Mudstopper on here pointed out that I needed to reinforce the post that the 6 way wedge slides on.

720ee0875e19636fd5eb065846e77c26.jpg

I spent some time and cleaned up the wiring harness from the lawn tractor I pulled the motor from. Removed all the safety stuff that kills motor when blades are spinning. Removed the wiring for the electric clutch. Wired in a new key switch and have the charging light, low oil shut off light, and the over temp light all ready to wire to new indicator lights.
f83f476280d99abfec0728e91e2dc2c2.jpg

Base for wiring harness and throttle control.

66be8f67b5d8488640844fccdefffac4.jpg

Throttle mounted
3b537519dbb2da9dfb13f491f4aecd06.jpg

Face plate for control machined.

75f9139de111d02d1c1cc265c7915659.jpg

Finished!!

Latest posts

Back