Stihl 026, everything you wanted to know.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lobo said:
Even if he were running NK b&c, it would still not make up for a difference of 75% in hp.
No, of course not - but it could possibly make up for the .2 kw or so difference between the 336 and MS200. I hadn't read the tread closely enough when posting. :eek:

still has original bar an chain.. that mite be the saws problem.. if they are wore out.. if not the saw should be real good yet. but we done got into money i cant justify since i aint really gonna use it.. got my lineup now. now im working on getting so used to the saws that they become an exstention of the hand..
thats a factor that dont get enuff attention here.. to me saw familiarity is what makes it your saw .. when you get that familar with a saw.. to you its hard to imagine anybody having much better saw.. if im not being clear ,its because im tony marks and aint finished my first cup yet. :)

Not sure about the USA, but in Canada 026's were sold until 2001, the MS260 came out in 2001 and really hit dealers in 2002 and with adjustable carbs.

SawTroll said:
No, of course not - but it could possibly make up for the .2 kw or so difference between the 336 and MS200. I hadn't read the tread closely enough when posting. :eek:

0.2 kw = 0.268204417912629 hp, Mike is still comparing a 2.268 hp saw versus a 3.5 hp saw, it is still a 60% hp advantage for any 3.5 hp powered unit.

With all due respect to Mike, there's got to be something wrong with his 026's.

The differential in the figures are just too great.

stihltech said:
I repeat," You can read specs all day, use it."
That's cool, if you have access to the products in question.
What happens to products in the USA has a tendency to happen in the rest of the (western) world at a later time, especially if it is EPA-related. It is therefore of interest for some people who don't have access to the new US MS260 to know what happened, why, and how the "new" product compares to the old one in use, not only on the specs' sheet.

Here there is not one dealer that lets you try before buying the saw.
They have display saws, you can look and feel, but not start.

That is why the lists are important to many. Bad Dealers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have two of these saws. great for limbing. i think it is a lightweight. i use it in place of my 066 because of its weight. i did have one rebuilt because it blew up within a year. something about an air leak. not under warranty either.

After using my mates 026 I bought an ms250, fitted with 3/8 picco chain same as a ms200 with 16" bar, a lot cheaper and runs/cuts a lot better than that POS 026 .... sluggish, gutless, vibrating junk.

Back