Stihl 042 Common Parts With Other Stihl Models

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I picked up a non running 042AV at a flea market on Friday. It had a good 28" Stihl bar with a fair chain. I put that bar and chain on my 056 Mag and I dismantled the 042 powerhead for its components and listed several on EBay. My question is, what common parts does the 042 share with other Stihl models such as the 045,051, etc? It has a good Mahle 49cc jug and piston and a Walbro WS25 carb, the clutch and drum are fine as is the oil pump and drive gears.

Steve

I picked up a non running 042AV at a flea market on Friday. It had a good 28" Stihl bar with a fair chain. I put that bar and chain on my 056 Mag and I dismantled the 042 powerhead for its components and listed several on EBay. My question is, what common parts does the 042 share with other Stihl models such as the 045,051, etc? It has a good Mahle 49cc jug and piston and a Walbro WS25 carb, the clutch and drum are fine as is the oil pump and drive gears.

Steve

Early model 042's have very little in common even with the 048. There are a few smaller parts on the 042 that were also used on the 028 and 038 but they are the more common items such as trigger mechanism etc. The oil pump is used on the MS380 and MS381 as well but I am not sure if they were ever released in the US.

Regards

Phil

Back