Stihl 362 vs Jonsered 2260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This little # from Terry is really starting to wake up after 10-15 tanks through it. I raced my Stihl head buddies ms 660 with my ported 394 in some big ash logs and tore him a new a$$h0**. Being the nice guy I am I offered him a rematch against my poor little 60cc saw. Once again beat him from little 6" stuff up to 24" pieces. Both saws wearing 20" bars. Wish I new how to post videos on here. My advice; return you 2260 and get a ported one from Terry. And oh yea my buddy is still wearing cream-sickle sunglasses. Saw the wicked worksaw sticker and wanted to know what kind of scam i was running. lolIMG_20140402_054959_912.jpg

My choice here is kind of obvious, but either saw is going to do about the same amount of work. My opinion on this has always been that Stihl guys should stick with Stihl, and Husky/Jonny guys should stick with the Swedes. Guys that think they might want to try the other, and have some apprehension about spending $700 to see what it's like on the other side should stay in their comfort zone. In most case they put the saw under the microscope and fuss over things that most guys ignore. I don't like the handle, I don't like the air cleaner, I don't like the fuel caps, I don't like the choke lever, on and on and on.

But what I do think is a little comical are all of these "I can't make a decision" type threads that we see so many of. Why is it so difficult for a guy to just pick a saw that HE likes? And how the heck does page after page of conflicting, and most often biased opinions help somebody make up his mind? (I'm not directing that opinion at the OP in particular, so apologies if it's coming off like that.)

But what I do think is a little comical are all of these "I can't make a decision" type threads that we see so many of. Why is it so difficult for a guy to just pick a saw that HE likes? And how the heck does page after page of conflicting, and most often biased opinions help somebody make up his mind? (I'm not directing that opinion at the OP in particular, so apologies if it's coming off like that.)

Blasphemy! Go to the back of the class and let the other students have a shot now.

I use stihl, husky, dolmar, poulan and whatever else can spin a chain. The wood doesn't care and neither do I. I like some stuff about each brand and dislike some stuff too. The chain being sharp matters more than the color of the saw.

The biggest thing is the inboard/outboard clutch set up for me, that does seem to matter with the balance on the smaller limbing saws, JMHO.

I was basically looking for information like one had more power than the other or one was easier to clean then the other or one had new technology that the other did not have yet. Between the two I want the most powerful stock, fastest cutting lightest saw.

'For sure the 2260 is lighter. For the faster more powerful that would probably be decided with a stop watch cutting cookies. Better to just eat some cookies and run both saws for fun and enjoyment maybe at a GTG.You won't go wrong with either saw. Personal preference, the 2260 is sexier especially with a total bar.Have fun deciding. Hopefully you can get a chance to run both.

The only worthless addition to this thread is that $599 for a 362 is darn near cost. That's a smoking deal.

I was basically looking for information like one had more power than the other or one was easier to clean then the other or one had new technology that the other did not have yet. Between the two I want the most powerful stock, fastest cutting lightest saw.
The 2260 will be ahead on all those accounts, except possibly regarding some of the cleaning - and the differense in handling when limbing and such will be substantial.

I live in Amishville, Lancaster county, PA. He beat the next closest price on my KM130 kombi system by $200 .00 (This was for the head unit and quite a few attachments mind you).

Let's throw the Echo 620pw into the mix.

CS-620PW_2_450x350_2.jpg

This thread from last year even mentions the dolmar 6100. Unfortunately it wasn't revived by the OP.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stihl-362-vs-echo-620pw-vs-husky.244104/

Too true

These I don't know what to do threads kinda remind me of the story of Mr. Perkins Privy.

Enjoy

Take Care

Too true

These I don't know what to do threads kinda remind me of the story of Mr. Perkins Privy.

Enjoy

Take Care

WTF! Maybe because we want to hear from some of you guys on here and get your openion before we drop $600 on a piece of equipment. I have been looking through the forums and have yet to find anything that states forum members must read and comment on every post/topic that is posted at any given time. I just looked at two topics in particular that I was not apart of the discussion, I did not post anything to either discussion and so far I am still feeling alright.

:)

Good morning,
Glenn

I don't cut enough wood to justify owning more than one saw. I started down the Husky road because the day I decided to buy a saw was a Saturday. Both the Stihl and Husky dealership close at 13:00 on Saturday. I made my decision driving at 12:40 and the Husky dealer was closer.

I ended up getting a 365/372XT and having Mastermind port it. That led to a ported 385XP, which led to a Echo T-271. Then a brand new 346p by Mastermind. Then a 2253 by WWS. Then a 2260 and a 2188 by WWS.

Im getting to the point shortly.

I noticed I was always was using either the 271, the 346, or the 372. I recently cut up a tree for my neighbor with my son, so we had both the 346 and the 2253 running side by side. The 346 has a cult following, and is a very hot little saw. I liked the 2253 better. So I decided to sell the Mastermind 346 along with the 372. Now I will be "forced" to run the saws I like and not be driven by what I first decided to purchase.

My first saw that I got with my own money was a Jred 70E back in 1979. I love black and red saws. So now that is what I choose to run. Your saws might out cut mine, but if we swap chains I'll probably beat or be right with you. I don't care.

I love my black and red saws, and I love my dealer. (Terry of Wicked Works Saws who I met through Randy AKA Mastermind)

Enjoy your 2260, or if you choose to get something else, enjoy that.

Peace

Latest posts

Back