Stihl HP Ultra oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetjetskier

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well today I was out looking at new back pack blowers and at the Stihl dealer picked up a catalog.

Reading the 2 cycle oil page,the last sentence of the HP Ultra says "this oil is biodegradable,degrading by 80percent in 21 days"

Are the y referring to if the oil gets spilled on the ground and will biodegrade or do they mean it starts to bio degrade once mixed with gas ?

I have been using HP Ultra for 6 months or so and nothing on the bottles says anything about this.

Anyone have some input on this?

+1 it means if it is spilled into the environment,still have some 1 gal mix bottles from last year and they are fine. one thing the label wont tell u is the great cleaning ability and and that its virtually carbon free.:cheers:

Its easily processed and broken down by naturally occuring bacteria and natural events in the soil. Will NOT break down in the bottle but once mixed its like everything else and should be used within a month or two

Thanks guys, your answers make sense to me.

I just wasn't sure what the deal was, I knew the new bio-bar and chain oils break down quickly,but they are coming into contact with soil,trees,etc when coming off bar and chain while running.

Just making sure my gas/oil mix isn't changing in 21 days!

I use enough mix that it lasts 2 weeks at best,but I don't need to blowing up equipment.

I learn something new everyday. :)

Back