Stihl MS 362 CM, good to go I need a new saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been talked about plenty of times before, but seeing the west coast setups always cracks me up. Don't get me wrong, I like a wrap handlebar and the clutch cover. The saw @trboxman just showed looks pretty sweet. It's the 25"+ bars on 60cc saws that gets me.

I used to live out there, so I know why they do it. Even had a saw like that once. I bought a ms361 with a 25" bar and a full wrap. Moved back to Wisconsin, though and about got laughed out of the woods. A 60cc wears a 20" or less out here. The standard logging saw in this part of the country is a 90cc with a 20" bar.

Out here, where the land is flatter, the wood harder, and the woods more accessible, a bigger power head with a smaller bar is where it's at. I put a 16" on my 036 and it sure makes me smile.

Nice saw OP! The new Stihl saws sure are lookers. How much did you have to pay to spring her from jail? I'm kicking around the idea of one myself. How long is your bar and how does the saw handle/balance? It's supposed to be lighter right?

People seem to love or hate this saw. Not sure there is a saw that evokes more divergent opinions. That boggles my mind. It's like they're running two different saws.

It was just under 820.00 out the door with extra RS chains, case, 6 pack of Ultra and 4 quarts of motomix it's got a 20" bar on it. I decided to tackle my weekend project a little early and put this oak on the ground with it and proceeded to have all kinds of fun bucking the log this saw sure feels lighter than 12 pounds and it sips gas I can't believe how long it runs on a tank. It was full on mean in the cut by the second tank and the anti-vibe is a blessing.

Can't imagine someone not liking this saw, really can't at this point it's the best saw I've owned it restarts hot with just a blip of the cord you barely pull it and it roars back to life I started and stopped it 50 or so times today hot and cold never had to pull it twice to start it.

Stihl%205_zpsq29g95ng.jpg

Nice saw OP! The new Stihl saws sure are lookers. How much did you have to pay to spring her from jail? I'm kicking around the idea of one myself. How long is your bar and how does the saw handle/balance? It's supposed to be lighter right?

People seem to love or hate this saw. Not sure there is a saw that evokes more divergent opinions. That boggles my mind. It's like they're running two different saws.
Chevy and Ford

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Absolutely perfect I love this saw. I'm getting old, have more health problems than any one man ought to and still be alive and running 70-90cc saws in big oak get's damn hard for me to do more than a few minutes at a time to avoid not getting to tired or worn out to the point accidents happen.

I worked with that saw all day yesterday, figured it would take me a week at least to cut that big oak all to 16" length (47" at the stump base about two feet below my felling cut) and get into a production pile for splitting. I worked 9 hours non stop with that saw and I never got tired once, the anti-vibe is amazing and the power that saw makes with the bar buried in a log is downright impressive. Aside from the two pulls it needed to start the first time out in the morning I never pulled it twice the rest of the day.

Had the rain not come in I would have filled my 4th tank for the day and been done in another 45 minutes or so with about 15 minutes cutting left this saw sips fuel mix and bar oil. I was a little skeptical at first about how little oil it puts out even wide open but I know times have changed with regulations and the nothings running to hot on the bar you can see a nice film of oil if you stop the saw and loosen the chain to see the drive links coated in oil.

This Stihl has a really low idle, yet it transitions to WOT and keeps the saw at max power starting into the load of the cut far better than anyone is going to tune a saw to do by hand without leaning it out to much.

Got several trees on the ground and all cut to length, I'm a month ahead of the game at this point and there's three + years worth of wood cut and ready for the splitter over 4 days time. This saw is amazing the light weight, anti-vibe and speed in the cut let's you work non stop all day I haven't been inclined to pick up a bigger or smaller saw the last few days for anything.
Stih%209_zpswihcbxyv.jpg

Back