Stock Appearing Race Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we are about the same height and weight - but Im 34 in the waist - you might want to eat me but I wont let you

Don't do me any good. My work network is tighter than Ft. Knox. Post it up if you would.

BTW what have you added to this or any thread 24??????? Pull up your panties and tell us something tangible.

Fred

If I know something, Ill share.

If I want to know something, Ill ask.

If I dont know or want to, Ill try to keep my fingers off the keys.

If I fail, Ill try not to get mad and call folks names when Im wrong.

If I want to win, I must first be able to start my saw.

Now, If you copy that down and learn it as well as live by it you will make more friends and I will have written something we all can agree is TANGIBLE.

By the way true rednecks dont wear any form of underwear

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHA

Tell yourself you are someone twenty times and you'll believe it.

So from your accounts, if you knew anything about fast saws, you'd tell us?

That's what I thought.

BTW your interpretation of what I said is second hand knowledge. Have you done anything as far as saws go or have any first hand knowledge we'd be interested in?

Fred

Fred,Fred,Fred,simmer down before you blow a fuse.

You are the one that borrishly attempted to show something on a Mac crank,'twasn't I .I didn't care to see a Mac crank as I imagine I've seen more of them than you have.Just a welded up Husky,is that so much to ask?

Geeze all I did was ask a question of a far superior mind than my little pea sized brain and you go bonkers.You have to learn to chill,smell the roses .

Oh,I did see a vid of somebody that looked a lot like you having a small fit at a contest when his supersaw would not start.The resemblence was uncanny,do you have a twin brother?

I'm a tellin you that guy was jerking so hard and fast on that saw if he had laid it to the wood it would have cut weather the saw started or not.I'm a tellin you,that's a beech when that happens,makes a guy dance all over the place.If it would have been me I might have seen how far it would fly.

I kind of wonder now if that was one of those Huskys with a welded crank,hmm.

Oh say,just for giggles I did some math just to see just how much could be gained by all this welding shifting the pin stuff.

Would you believe it takes said 272 Husky from 72.22 cc's to 76.45 cc's.Seems like a lot of hoopla for 4.23 cc's.1/4 of a cubic inch,wow.:clap:

Al, then it would be the same dimentionally as a 372 with a BB jug on it, except for the stroker jug starting out with a smaller intake and smaller 2 port transfers.

Fred I did a little checking on flywheels, now I don't have photos, but some colaborated observations that Marcel built saws with lightened flywheels, 3120's and 371's. Anyone seen these?

Al, then it would be the same dimentionally as a 372 with a BB jug on it, except for the stroker jug starting out with a smaller intake and smaller 2 port transfers.
I'm glad you brought that point up,I didn't know that .Then again I know very little about Husqvarna saws other than the fact they are orange.I have to "google" for info not to be confused with "giggle" at some of the ideas that get passed around.It's all good though.

Al, I appreciate your backhanded acceptance more than you know, but Benny Whitifeld, Marcel Vincent, Harry Boedecker, Giles Leveque, Ed Heard, and several others have successfully stroked chainsaw cranks in shops that are not near as advanced as your workplace.

I, of course, cannot do it, but I am hesitant to believe that all of these guys are mechanical geniuses.

All of them have more talent machining than I do, but that's like beating half the guys on this site in a spelling contest. J/K guys.

Fred

Sory to burst your bubble Fred but all the guys you mention above have there cranks farmed out to crank shops!!!I don't know about EHP but who does. Being how you know these guys so well give them a call and ask them.

Rick

....Ed Heard, and several others have successfully stroked chainsaw cranks....Fred

ehp once told Ken Dunn on the phone, he built his own cranks, and then slipped up and made a post that some guy in Toronto built them......Successfully stroked?......Hahahahahaha!

Last edited:
Well,not run salt in the wound nor cast esperssions but I'm not as advanced in machining ability as Fred alludes to.When I said on many forums that I'm just an old farm boy grease monkey that can make metal chips,I wasn't kidding,'tis true.Nor for that matter do I have a multi million dollar shop equipted with CNC machinery and staff of mechanical engineers to back me up.I've made more door stops and paper weights than I ever have made good parts.

I don't know about the others mentioned but Ed said that reworking a multi piece crank is a black hearted beech to do.I took his word for it.

Now I can drop names also.I personally know two national champs from back in the glory days of two cycle karting.Tipped many a brew with them in the past.For the record though,they used aftermarket full circle cranks on those old Macs,they didn't attempt to rework them.That fact plus a buck 75 will buy you a Bud in most bars in Lima Ohio.:cheers:

Last edited:
Fred,Fred,Fred,simmer down before you blow a fuse.

You are the one that borrishly attempted to show something on a Mac crank,'twasn't I .I didn't care to see a Mac crank as I imagine I've seen more of them than you have.Just a welded up Husky,is that so much to ask?

Geeze all I did was ask a question of a far superior mind than my little pea sized brain and you go bonkers.You have to learn to chill,smell the roses .

Oh,I did see a vid of somebody that looked a lot like you having a small fit at a contest when his supersaw would not start.The resemblence was uncanny,do you have a twin brother?

I'm a tellin you that guy was jerking so hard and fast on that saw if he had laid it to the wood it would have cut weather the saw started or not.I'm a tellin you,that's a beech when that happens,makes a guy dance all over the place.If it would have been me I might have seen how far it would fly.

I kind of wonder now if that was one of those Huskys with a welded crank,hmm.

Wasn't even my supersaw, but we ended up with the same time Al. HTF did that happen. I really wanted it to start and I don't give up easy. I'd do the same thing again if it didn't start. I've got the balls to go out and play the game, even if once in a while I end up looking foolish. WTF is your excuse?

Al, your starting to get "old timers" I guess. Do you need me to point you to where the husky crank question came from? Maybe you could read this thread REAL quick and by the time you get back to this point, you will remember the issue.

Fred

Oh say,just for giggles I did some math just to see just how much could be gained by all this welding shifting the pin stuff.

Would you believe it takes said 272 Husky from 72.22 cc's to 76.45 cc's.Seems like a lot of hoopla for 4.23 cc's.1/4 of a cubic inch,wow.:clap:

Yeah the 281 is 4 mm. Just multiply by 2. LOL

Fred

Last edited:
ehp once told Ken Dunn on the phone, he built his own cranks, and then slipped up and made a post that some guy in Toronto built them......Successfully stroked?......Hahahahahaha!

Sorry just went off of what Ed posted here. He said he did it and Marcal did, but said someone else didn't.

That's what you get for listening to some people.

Fred

Fred I did a little checking on flywheels, now I don't have photos, but some colaborated observations that Marcel built saws with lightened flywheels, 3120's and 371's. Anyone seen these?

I talked with Cliff Helsel about Marcel's lightened flywheels a long time ago when I was shearing flywheel keyways. He was the one that recounted Marcels latter thought on cutting down the flywheel.

The idea I took away, not putting words in anyone's mouths, was that Marcel decided it was not worth the investment to keep machining them. You definately would have to ask him his opinion.

Do what works for you Brian and I'll keep trying to find something that does work.

Fred

Fred

Back