Storm, Pawn Shop & Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D&B Mack

Sawin Wit It!
Reaction score
So, saw on the news this weekend, they were interviewing a pawn shop owner. He said he sold more chainsaws this week than he had all year! I would bet more people will get hurt trying to perform storm clean-up with their new-to-them saws than actually from the storm. Storm damaged trees are not a time to learn how to use a saw.

For any newbs out there, wait until you have a controlled situation to cut.

BTW, he had a lot of jonsereds on the shelf. Not just selling the the typical big box saws. I think I saw a 440 as well with what looked like a 28" bar. Heck of a learner saw...

Gotta think the pawn shops are selling generators like hotcakes too. Not much on the shelves at the bigbox stores........

I would imagine most places are pretty well cleaned out. I haven't been into lowes or home depot to see how stock is up this way.

What I don't get is, this is New England, the power goes out. People must sell off their generators after the storm because this happens with every major storm.

I've had one for 5 years, and it just lives in the shed. I take it out in the spring and fall, and run it for awhile to make sure it's still functioning ok. I shut the fuel valve off, and let it run dry, and cool down for a bit. Then back into the shed it goes.

I do however, need a transfer switch at some point. :laugh:

Back