Supreme Gasoline

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.Bird

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
They just started blending the regular gasoline with enathol so to escape the seperation business i want to run supreme 91 octane in my Dolmar 7900 any problems with that?

Ive been running 91 or 94 octane in all of my saws for ages. Its the only fuel i can get up here that is ethanol free.

The only thing I think you really need to do is adjust your carb slightly (if it needs it) but then, this is good practice just changing brands of fuels, not just octane ratings.

Good luck.

One of the last stations that used to sell 91 octane no ethanol is gone now in my fueling town:msp_angry:

I am switching over to VP110 to get away from the ethanol since several of my saws are older and have original seals in them that work. VP 110 cost $8.05 gallon:dizzy: I am buying it five gallons at a time so I always have enough here. It has a long shelf life so no need to worry about storing it with it going bad:clap:

I ran the 110 today in the MP610 and had to slightly lean it a bit. Ran strong as ever cutting.

One of the last stations that used to sell 91 octane no ethanol is gone now in my fueling town:msp_angry:

I am switching over to VP110 to get away from the ethanol since several of my saws are older and have original seals in them that work. VP 110 cost $8.05 gallon:dizzy: I am buying it five gallons at a time so I always have enough here. It has a long shelf life so no need to worry about storing it with it going bad:clap:

I ran the 110 today in the MP610 and had to slightly lean it a bit. Ran strong as ever cutting.

save your self $3/gallon and run 100LL AV gas

100ll.com

save your self $3/gallon and run 100LL AV gas

100ll.com
Or just spend $4 a gallon on regular gas after 10 gallons vs AV110 you can just buy a new carb since thats about all the problems with ethanol anyway is it destroying diaphrams and fuel lines. A have decent monkey wrencher can change that in no time.

Main reason people don't like ethanol is they cannot store it. It still has a 1 year shelf life with no fuel additives.

No matter the gas, it's a good practice to be ready to adjust your carb at a moment's notice.

Absolutely true. Weather conditions change, so should the carb adjustment, if the conditions warrant, but then it is still a matter of keeping the saw in tune. If the conditions stay the same for the whole summer, then tuning a saw is unnecessary unless something else changes like the fuel.

With the wide temperature swings we get here, I change the tune frequently so it is something I am used to doing. Everyone should get used to at least checking the tune of their saw if only for the practice, but that is only my opinion.

I too have used AVgas for many years. It is an alternative to high-priced specialty fuels and works perfectly.

Last edited:
im using stihl motomix. It is very popular in germany and even the big forestry companies use it. Main benefit is the high octane count and it does not seperate. You can easily store it for 3 years without any difference. You can also keep it in your saw while you dont use it, e.g. during the summer. Oh, and it doesnt smell that badly like ordinary gasoline with lubricant. Transporting the saw in my family hatchback isnt a smell-concern anymore. Also cutting a whole day in a really not windy low forest is way healthier than standing a whole day in gasoline exhaust. Gasoline also contains Benzolium, Lead and other cancer causing chemicals. Alcylatgasoline (like Motomix or Aspen Fuel) does nearly not.

Personal opinion ;)

Latest posts

Back