Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let the Holiday season begin!!!!!!!! WooooHooooooo!!!!!!View attachment 319930
Poor Man's whiskey and Fisherman's Tea!!! No-Ka-Oi!!! :rock:
It's only rain,,..

no need to be so zlack..
Snow here , dang it !
T, been raining for 24 hrs!! Stopped a few minutes ago, and thought that was it but it's started up again! Wheelbarrow is full out here! Afraid to look in the basement! Wind was blowin over 50 MPH gusts for most of the day, but has let up considerably! Guess this is supposed to keep going until about 9:00PM! Cold tomorrow with a high only 32! Crazy weather!!
Wish I had my father's barn back with all the tools, wood stove ect! Trying to talk the wife into letting me build a pallet shed. Pretty slick! Go up in a few days! Google "Pallet Shed!" Could be spending a day like this working on saws!!!
Well hope you're OK Buddy! Keep playing that Lottery!! See yah!!

I like them better when there already down !

I will take them any way I come across them, windfalls usually come free out in the woods but when they are on a lawn, blocking a driveway or laying up against a building then there is payment involved.

I need more practice at dropping them ! Never got to do much of that , I got mostly tree tops after they logged.

I still enjoy felling them, couldn`t begin to total up all I have dropped. Just love dreopping a big tree right where I want it to land. If it hits within 6" of where I mark the ground where I want it to hit I feel I have done good. I learned well from my forefathers.

I need more practice at dropping them ! Never got to do much of that , I got mostly tree tops after they logged.
My Dad was a natural at dropping trees. Course he was born in 1912, and being raised on a farm way out in Star, Oklahoma, the boys were right out there in the woods with the men felling trees of all manner. He's told of when he was a boy, how he'd walk home on winter nights from Keota several miles up the road, and how that cold, cold wind would blow right through the cracks in the walls of that ole farmhouse, and he'd stoke up the fireplace a little to get warm before crawling in that ole cold feather bed. They'd get up early, and get more firewood for the cookstove, cause grandma already had the stove warming up, and would need more before he went out to milk the cow, and draw some water out of the man made well for coffee and such. The outhouse was a little far out on a dark cold morning, and a corner of the barn was just as good a place as any as he passed by the corncrib to grab a handful of corncobs. So, felling trees was second hand to Dad as he grew into manhood. When he and Mom got married, having plenty of firewood was part of living. Late one night my sister was born on the kitchen table. Mom went into labor, and Dad ran out to the barn with his lantern and hitched up the mules to his wagon, and drove into Keota to fetch the doctor. After all the excitement, and the doctor had left, they took that little bundle, and laid her in the bed between them, and they all went to sleep. No hospital bills back then.
Happy Thanksgiving Folks

My Dad was a natural at dropping trees. Course he was born in 1912, and being raised on a farm way out in Star, Oklahoma, the boys were right out there in the woods with the men felling trees of all manner. He's told of when he was a boy, how he'd walk home on winter nights from Keota several miles up the road, and how that cold, cold wind would blow right through the cracks in the walls of that ole farmhouse, and he'd stoke up the fireplace a little to get warm before crawling in that ole cold feather bed. They'd get up early, and get more firewood for the cookstove, cause grandma already had the stove warming up, and would need more before he went out to milk the cow, and draw some water out of the man made well for coffee and such. The outhouse was a little far out on a dark cold morning, and a corner of the barn was just as good a place as any as he passed by the corncrib to grab a handful of corncobs. So, felling trees was second hand to Dad as he grew into manhood. When he and Mom got married, having plenty of firewood was part of living. Late one night my sister was born on the kitchen table. Mom went into labor, and Dad ran out to the barn with his lantern and hitched up the mules to his wagon, and drove into Keota to fetch the doctor. After all the excitement, and the doctor had left, they took that little bundle, and laid her in the bed between them, and they all went to sleep. No hospital bills back then.
Happy Thanksgiving Folks
Sure was different back then ! Lot harder life !! And stihl a good life too !

Back