Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ran the 034. Runs awesome. You had it pretty well set up perfectly. Once warmed up I turned the idle down a smidge. But other than that 4 stroked awesome out of the cut and hogged the wood like no other

That`s great, hoped it would pick up after the resurfacing and needle valve seat work.

Ya it worked really well. Muffler mod and squish tightening Makes a difference for sure. Had some balls.

Might tune a smidge more fat. My less trained ears makes it harder. So I like it a little fater. But turned up so well

I just got finished up on three more carb builds, one saw was battling me for most of yesterday, the other two were very simple. Had one carb that would exhibit the same symptoms that Al`s saw is doing to him so it took some messing around to overcome it, difficult when a engine will both run lean at times and run rich at others, this one was very touchy.

Good to hear you persevered. Always a good feeling when one of Em fight ya and you get it working like it should. I'm hoping my 056 build will be no issues but expecting abit of a fight :)

Ya that many years would come in handy for sure Jerry!!! LOL

I ran the 034S again. Seemed too work just as good running. Still having an issue shutting off. Also think I used the wrong hole for that uni mount bar. Bar wasn't getting oil. And oil was everywhere else LOL

To turn off the kill wire needs to make ground. Spring steel contacts the round barrel on the other wire held in the master control switch, when the two make contact the saw should die. I don`t think I ever ran that bar, it came on a saw I bought for parts I think. If it won`t work I have some Stihl labeled bars with less paint on them. I figure I can tell you what is up with the 024/026 Al is building you, I read the whole thread from start to where it is now. I have seen this issue before.

I think that bar does work. I checked and there's no way it wouldn't get oil.

Gonna investigate tonight. Ill see what's going on.
Oils pumping out but where's it coming from? :eek:

I checked the wiring on the switch and it seems good to me. Probably at the coil end.

Shazzam !!!

IMG_20160221_165541.jpg

Mighty Mouse Logging LLC

I think that bar does work. I checked and there's no way it wouldn't get oil.

Gonna investigate tonight. Ill see what's going on.
Oils pumping out but where's it coming from? :eek:

I checked the wiring on the switch and it seems good to me. Probably at the coil end.

That spring steel contact needs a good ground wire from it to the engine case, if that checks out good then it could be the wire from the coil.

Same here, gravel roads are becoming deeply rutted trails.

Yesterday I went up to take care of Hoss.........somehow, a couple weeks ago he got wound up in a separator fence between the pastures and pulled the fiberglass fence post out of the ground. It was the end of the fence row with a wire gate to the other side.......well it was bare ground and fence wire to limit where the tiny hole in the frozen ground should be found.....try as I might I couldn't locate it......so I coiled the whole mess up back the next fence post and left it. Yesterday, the 21st of Feb I uncoiled the wire and post and pushed it easily down into the top soil about a foot......frost is on the run fir sher....

Yesterday I went up to take care of Hoss.........somehow, a couple weeks ago he got wound up in a separator fence between the pastures and pulled the fiberglass fence post out of the ground. It was the end of the fence row with a wire gate to the other side.......well it was bare ground and fence wire to limit where the tiny hole in the frozen ground should be found.....try as I might I couldn't locate it......so I coiled the whole mess up back the next fence post and left it. Yesterday, the 21st of Feb I uncoiled the wire and post and pushed it easily down into the top soil about a foot......frost is on the run fir sher....

Yep, frosty is melting or is gone altogether here, can only find a bit in heavily shaded areas. The ice on the lakes is thin and it will go quickly if this mild weather stays for a few more days, large open patches are forming on the larger lakes already.

Maybe an early spring.......the bride and I are plotting a trip up your way the first week or so in May......was going to the tulip festival in Truro that we (she) enjoyed so much before...but....seems they had trouble with mother nature not allowing the tulips to bloom on the scheduled date so they quit doing that a couple years ago..lol!! Anyway we will probably be staying in Halifax or close by for a few days......we'd should get together for dinner and beverages or something...??? I'm probably not going to bring any red saws...I don't think.....maybe.....but I will bring some tall green cans.....I know Dan will be pizzed if I don't!!! Think on it.......feel free to make suggestions.....unless it's "Stay home Yankee"....LOL!!

Enjoy the visit!!! The way the weather had been the last few days the tulips would be blooming by May. Should be some nice weather anyways that time of year

Thanks!! I think you are right this year......last year... not so much...LOL!!! Anyway Truro quit doing that...stay tuned maybe we can all GTG for a snack r sumthin....had a great time with Jerry and Dan last spring...more the merriah......

Latest posts

Back