Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
POP QUIZ!!! I keep a POS generator at the camp to charge battery tools and run a skilsaw and sliding chopsaw. Started my project and found the tank vent had failed and was spewing gas all ovah while running......then remembered had trouble last year with the same thing....tried several solutions with varying degrees a of failure. Had to be cured.....needed the power but not a fire!!! Way out there no hardware store or small engine shop....nothing other than what you have on hand.....rummaged about and came up with this fix....worked perfectly....no leeky.....generator is full and running in the pic......anyone care to venture a guess what this came from.....as this is a chainsaw site...it did come from a chainsaw and the generator colors are appropriate.....:havingarest:

DSC_1281.JPG

450 Oiler line?

Great pictures........mom enjoyed them.
Nope...Sorry Unc.....not even close except for the 450 being red and black.......this was used on only one saw and a fairly obscure one at that......it was called "The Cadillac
" of this family of saws.....

Hey Mom!!! More to come!!!!

OOOOOOhhhhhh UNC!!!!! You been lookin' at the pictures again haven't ya??!!!! Good score....yep 521E....only saw to use this particular tank vent setup....the check valve is used on all of the older Jonserteds but the vent line is much longer on the 49, 50, 51 and 52/52E., 621, 80,90.....this one even still has the little sintered bronze filter in the end!! To freekin good to put on a Briggs & Stratton but in the name of safety.....even had to have a safety meeting all by myself to figger it out!!!!

OOOOOOhhhhhh UNC!!!!! You been lookin' at the pictures again haven't ya??!!!! Good score....yep 521E....only saw to use this particular tank vent setup....the check valve is used on all of the older Jonserteds but the vent line is much longer on the 49, 50, 51 and 52/52E., 621, 80,90.....this one even still has the little sintered bronze filter in the end!! To freekin good to put on a Briggs & Stratton but in the name of safety.....even had to have a safety meeting all by myself to figger it out!!!!
Reference.......”Even a Blind Hog”

The tail light lens on my 61 VW bus were from a 48 Ford. Just a minute on a belt sander on the outside. The two screw holes lined up nicely.

One of those metric/fractions of an inch crossover.......like -40 below, or only needing a couple of metric sockets and wrenches to work on a VWs, most are “near” inch enough.

The three ended radiator hose on my 61 Healey was one cut down from a Mercedes. Lol

I love a good cross reference ! Often happens at a Safety Meeting come to think of it.

Lots of such things in R&D too. They encourage it.

Strangest one was Chevy heads on a Ford 289 ......pushed a 20’ jet boat. Usually Big Block territory. I was impressed........but it was done intentionally. Not a “Dam......How We Gonna Fox This NOW!!!” It weren’t Gumped in any way.

Most “adaptations” seem elegant.....not Gumped atal

Well that was fun......actually 'spected it to last longer but such is life.....more pics of the cabin project......these are the first day...got down there by 8:00 am and had to reposition my mushroom anchor.....the dock builders must have either tried to lay on it with a tow boat or snagged the pennant.....got that done, got all the stuff ashore, a fire started in the Jotul and the front staged up before dark...ready to roll ...it worked out pretty good too...was able to come right off the platform at the top of the stairs I replaced last year...easy on easy off....no climbing...

DSC_1272.JPG DSC_1274.JPG DSC_1275.JPG

Can't disappoint Mom!! Got going so hard I forgot to take pics the first couple days.....the place was real bent and crooked except the roofline....when Dave and I replaced the roof several years back we brought the rafters/trim along in a straight line and wheras I wanted to put a frieze along under that to create the window head trim and a place for the window side trim to rabbit into to form a shiplap the wall had to plumb down from the bottom of the facia.......this require ripping a long tapered horizontal nailer for every course of shingles in several places to create the illusion of a flat, straight, plumb wall.....no pics of that ...sorry.

So...got the big window in one day and the illusion established in that whole section and the next day tore out the three littlie windows and reframed all that mess and got the windows in before dark. One issue was it was high tide at mid day through most of this part......I hard to stop about an hour before high tide until about an hour after high tide.......the spray was to much...slat water on the wall, staging, tools and me.....can't snap chalk lines on a wet wall......
Refastened all the original sheathing boards and replaced a few as well....got 'er done finally....

DSC_1280.JPG DSC_1282.JPG DSC_1290.JPG

Damn.... can't get much by Mom!!! I didn't even see that....Glad it was MY wife!!!!! Guess I took that after the bride came out.....date code says 11/21 Eagle eye Mom!!! Woot!! If you make it up here sometime I'll send a wee dram of "The Battle of the Glen" Cape Breton single malt back for Mom...
She mentions you two when she ........Has a wee bit of The Dalmore......which I’ll bring up.

She says thank you.

And I must confess I been looking since you posted the picture in the JRedS forum.".

Back