Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turned out to be a beautiful day here yesterday.....went up in the morning to see Hoss....he was quite content, munching on a couple flakes of hay, standing in the sunshine and getting a much needed brush down......clouds of Hoss hair in the air.....nice gentle breeze was blowing so it was easy to stay up wind as I brushed. Finally about a week ago got his water tub filled so no more lugging four buckets of water a day. Got a bunch of saw work at his landlady's to take care of when I get the tractor up there...everal apple trees to cut as well maple, pine and spruce to take down. She had bad trouble over the winter with trees falling on her power line. One pretty big fir uprooted and landed on the line, pulling the guy wire through the pole and split the pole in half from the top down about 8 feet.....didn't even lose power but completely destroyed the pole by also snapping it off at ground level. Been a rough fall and winter here wind wise....lot of clean up yet to do.

Turned out to be a beautiful day here yesterday.....went up in the morning to see Hoss....he was quite content, munching on a couple flakes of hay, standing in the sunshine and getting a much needed brush down......clouds of Hoss hair in the air.....nice gentle breeze was blowing so it was easy to stay up wind as I brushed. Finally about a week ago got his water tub filled so no more lugging four buckets of water a day. Got a bunch of saw work at his landlady's to take care of when I get the tractor up there...everal apple trees to cut as well maple, pine and spruce to take down. She had bad trouble over the winter with trees falling on her power line. One pretty big fir uprooted and landed on the line, pulling the guy wire through the pole and split the pole in half from the top down about 8 feet.....didn't even lose power but completely destroyed the pole by also snapping it off at ground level. Been a rough fall and winter here wind wise....lot of clean up yet to do.
I’ll be there soon to help......

Rob , please bring Robin some gutters so he can collect some water for Hoss ...

NFwP6dt.jpg

Stihl cut spruce keeping that 40F drizzle and fahg outta the house , 78F in here with the draft closed , might just haveta find some pffftfir or pfffftpople to throw in there so it don't get too hot in the house lol

Rob, you best bring a downspout and a bucket with you because all your gonna here about is how much his bucket cost and that water isn't free and how the sporin took such a hit cause of the snow this winter and the wear and tear on his boots trudging through all that deep snow going uphill in both directions just to go see Hoss that's eating and drinking him into the poorhouse...
You best also bring the supplies for the Safety meeting to quell the whinenin' ,,, betchya that'll work like a soother , not a peep then .... lol

Rob, you best bring a downspout and a bucket with you because all your gonna here about is how much his bucket cost and that water isn't free and how the sporin took such a hit cause of the snow this winter and the wear and tear on his boots trudging through all that deep snow going uphill in both directions just to go see Hoss that's eating and drinking him into the poorhouse...
You best also bring the supplies for the Safety meeting to quell the whinenin' ,,, betchya that'll work like a soother , not a peep then .... lol
So it is written......so let it be done!!!!

I'm tellin' ya......it was the uphill in both directions that really sucked.....the rest of it I coulda coped with....

When grit and rock free.
Used to have to use Carbide chains because of that and they still got messed up! One of the many reasons I just go for the dead standing stuff. Thankfully still around....but getting harder and harder to find and get at every year! Fire roads all chained off. Been burning the borer killed Red Pine lately. May have to start carrying the bolt cutters with me! lol.......or move!

The blackflies have arrived, break out the fly repellent!!
Make a batch of Pyrethrin, Cayenne Pepper and a Lot a Garlic Powder!!! lol My anti Tick Spray!!! But will work on Those Nast Black Flys Too!
Concentrate at TSC!!! Then just add the water Cayenne and Garlic. Pyrethrin you can use.......even on skin just take a shower after! lol

Make a batch of Pyrethrin, Cayenne Pepper and a Lot a Garlic Powder!!! lol My anti Tick Spray!!! But will work on Those Nast Black Flys Too!
Concentrate at TSC!!! Then just add the water Cayenne and Garlic. Pyrethrin you can use.......even on skin just take a shower after! lol
Where's T.........have some Vital Info for him concerning CBD's for his Back Pain......which is a ***** this time of year with the Combination of Discharge..... and allergies from the Pollen.

Back