Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get your slickers and get back to pulling pots!
Planning on heading for the island Thurs......returning Sun.....plans may have to change depending on sea conditions. Trying to get back on the trailer in heavy seas is not a good plan. May have to come in earlier......or a day or two later. Can't do much with the interwebs out there so won't be able to monitor the coming weather conditions as closely as I can from here. Looks like, presently at least, that Dorian is likely passing offshore on it's way to see Dan and Jerry......only time will tell.

Boat's all fueled and other fluids checked......propane's is all aboard and secured.....meeting my friend John at two this afternoon at the town dock on the island. We'll use the crane and hoist the tanks out of my boat and set them right in the back of his truck........all my ducks are in a row so far!!! Nice day here!!

Couple pics of the racks I threw together for the old fella's truck......White oak for the stakes left over from some project......all the rest is clear vertical grain doug fir that was packing for something or other...can't remember what......FREE STUFF!! Did have to break down and buy $16 worth of galv carriage bolts, washers, loc washers and nutz.
I am gonna fill in the head board more on either side later but gotta save up for more bolts.......:cry:

IMG_0302.jpg IMG_0304.jpg IMG_0307.jpg IMG_0310.jpg

Got back with the three 100 lb propane tanks and realized my tractor was stihl up at Hoss's....How the hell am I gonna get them aboard?......damn tanks are heavy to boost up 5 1/2 feet to get them ovah the side of the boat......like to load them here rather than struggle them down the slip at the dock.......hmmmmm....I'm all alone......hmmmm. Came up with a scheme that worked very nice. Opened up the big doors at the shop and put the lift up....backed the tailgate of the truck in under the ramps and let the lift down of the tailgate and rolled them out onto the lift platforms and put the lift all the way up then backed the stern of the Seaway in under the ramps.......let the lift down until the ramps were sitting level on the stern and rolled them right aboard!!! I like muh lift!!!! A LOT!!!!

Time to head out.....you all have a good weekend....hopefully Dan and Jerry won't get blown away!!!

IMG_0312.jpg IMG_0313.jpg

Had a force 2 hurricane blow through here last Saturday, lost power/electricity on Sat afternoon, just got it back tonight, internet was spotty during that period as well, TV and phones, worked occasionally. Thousands of trees down all over the province.

Had a force 2 hurricane blow through here last Saturday, lost power/electricity on Sat afternoon, just got it back tonight, internet was spotty during that period as well, TV and phones, worked occasionally. Thousands of trees down all over the province.

Once things normal out Danny'll be in heaven.......lotsa FREE Wood!!!!!

Boat's all fueled and other fluids checked......propane's is all aboard and secured.....meeting my friend John at two this afternoon at the town dock on the island. We'll use the crane and hoist the tanks out of my boat and set them right in the back of his truck........all my ducks are in a row so far!!! Nice day here!!

Couple pics of the racks I threw together for the old fella's truck......White oak for the stakes left over from some project......all the rest is clear vertical grain doug fir that was packing for something or other...can't remember what......FREE STUFF!! Did have to break down and buy $16 worth of galv carriage bolts, washers, loc washers and nutz.
I am gonna fill in the head board more on either side later but gotta save up for more bolts.......:cry:

View attachment 757748 View attachment 757749 View attachment 757750 View attachment 757751
your work is sooo cleen.

Got back with the three 100 lb propane tanks and realized my tractor was stihl up at Hoss's....How the hell am I gonna get them aboard?......damn tanks are heavy to boost up 5 1/2 feet to get them ovah the side of the boat......like to load them here rather than struggle them down the slip at the dock.......hmmmmm....I'm all alone......hmmmm. Came up with a scheme that worked very nice. Opened up the big doors at the shop and put the lift up....backed the tailgate of the truck in under the ramps and let the lift down of the tailgate and rolled them out onto the lift platforms and put the lift all the way up then backed the stern of the Seaway in under the ramps.......let the lift down until the ramps were sitting level on the stern and rolled them right aboard!!! I like muh lift!!!! A LOT!!!!

Time to head out.....you all have a good weekend....hopefully Dan and Jerry won't get blown away!!!

View attachment 757752 View attachment 757753
You are too much.

Latest posts

Back