Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never seen a pulp truck with that much tread on the tires... I'm calling BS.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Gotta have tread up here Jimmy......M&S tyres at the very least.....sure to encounter both...sometimes both at the same tyme!!!

Just missed the new roof.... but not quite... way lucky just a glancing blow. Big island spruce about 28” on the butt but only 30 foot tall. Great Uncle cut the tops off a number of spruce and put up bird houses on the trunk. bird house came down intact....... been up there near 70 years. Real glad I didn’t install the brand new door......it’s going tight on that corner where the crooked limb landed!!!18A26784-BBA8-4DD4-B8E2-8882286FE754.jpeg52B74FE0-C41A-40A1-AB6C-B465C6F40426.jpeg

Close call Robin, lucky no serious damage. I cut down all tall trees around my camp right after the last hurricane we had blow through just in case.. I did get to remove a 8X6' wood framed picture window yesterday, heavy ole beast. Slid er out into the Ford dump without serious incident and re framed the opening down to 50X50", far less heat loss now.

Close call Robin, lucky no serious damage. I cut down all tall trees around my camp right after the last hurricane we had blow through just in case.. I did get to remove a 8X6' wood framed picture window yesterday, heavy ole beast. Slid er out into the Ford dump without serious incident and re framed the opening down to 50X50", far less heat loss now.
Yes it was a close one...... gonna be a challenge just cutting it out of there and clean up the mess. Guess is not my last trip out this year as intended. Gonna need my big come-along, a couple chains and a big nylon strap or two... and a second saw. The trunk is 8-9 feet off the ground and set to roll down hill against the back of the cabin the second you start limbing so that must be controlled. As it is now there still a great danger that damage to the camp is still a concern.

Had the same deal with my 8x6 picture window unit at home earlier. The bride and I managed the old one out and the new one in doing a lot of sliding and building temporary staging at precisely the right heights to make it easier. Still a very heavy unit for two people!!

Yes it was a close one...... gonna be a challenge just cutting it out of there and clean up the mess. Guess is not my last trip out this year as intended. Gonna need my big come-along, a couple chains and a big nylon strap or two... and a second saw. The trunk is 8-9 feet off the ground and set to roll down hill against the back of the cabin the second you start limbing so that must be controlled. As it is now there still a great danger that damage to the camp is still a concern.

Had the same deal with my 8x6 picture window unit at home earlier. The bride and I managed the old one out and the new one in doing a lot of sliding and building temporary staging at precisely the right heights to make it easier. Still a very heavy unit for two people!!

I got lucky, my half height staging frames matched the height of the window exactly and with 2 staging decks set in place the window just tipped down from the top, bottom stayed right on the sill til I gently set the whole frame down on across decks. Then backed the dump truck right up to it, tailgate about 2" lower than the unit, just a slide it into the box job and move the truck. Now the truck becomes a trash receptacle for the rest of the cast off`s. Installed new siding all around this morning, move inside and insulate after lunch.

Dam Lad........glad it turned out the way it did.
Could have been.......well........you know
Yeah.......that was a close one!! Big azzed tree!!! Looks like it fell even further to the left and then rolled back toward the cabin.....that's the only way that crooked part could have got where it is without knocking the corner right off the building.

Don't know if you'll be able to see it but if you zoom in on the sunset pic you'll see I caught Saddleback Light doing it's thing...a two second flash every 6 seconds.

Interesting history here...

https://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=536

IMG_1184.jpgIMG_1186.jpgIMG_1181.jpg

c779378eb6d05681a9b8ec7c38da848a.jpg

Did I EVAH tell you guys how much carpenter ants really love that blue foam we frantically try to fill every void in our house framing with.....like headers, corner posts, partition blocks etc.??

View attachment 867538
Yep, they absolutely love that blue stuff, reduce it to piles of blue dust they do! They don`t like engine exhaust one bit.

So......since tearing the drive shaft out of the 2500HD yesterday and not being able to get the boat down to Stonington to go to the camp and clean up that ugly blowdown.......I decided to build a shedwater roof over the brides entrance to her new office. This is another part of the on going work to get ready for the standing seam roof guys to arrive. Damn the daze are short now!! Got it framed and sheathed and will dry it in tomorrow afternoon after the roof dries off. It's about 6' 4" wide at the base and should do it's job fine.

IMG_1198.jpgIMG_1195.jpgIMG_1199.jpgIMG_1200.jpg

Yeah.......that was a close one!! Big azzed tree!!! Looks like it fell even further to the left and then rolled back toward the cabin.....that's the only way that crooked part could have got where it is without knocking the corner right off the building.

Don't know if you'll be able to see it but if you zoom in on the sunset pic you'll see I caught Saddleback Light doing it's thing...a two second flash every 6 seconds.

Interesting history here...

https://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=536
MAN WHAT A MESS...AND A HECKUVA SUNSET. IF THERES ONE MAN ON THIS PLANET THAT CAN CLEAN THAT UP WITHOUT ****IN IT UP ITS YOU !

View attachment 866914View attachment 866915View attachment 866916

Back