Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why an expert saw surgeon,of course.;)

LOL, Ha Ha, only took 3 stabs at it, first was just a cleanup and try to get it started, did start it but it ran like stinky stuff. I then knew it had carb problems so off with the carb for a rebuild, back on and now I knew it had air leaks, tested and found 3 different air leaks, sparkplug seal bad, decomp leaking badly and clutch side seal and bearing bad. Changed out all these parts and still had a small air leak around the outside of the bearing, hmmm, I know how to fix that real good so after carrying that repair out and let it sit overnight. Put it all back together today after testing for leaks again, now holds 10 lbs VAC indefinitely.
Starts right up from cold, perfect idle and a great WOT, just got to get it into some wood for final tuning.
Pioneerguy600

How cold is it up there now? I saw weather for Canada the other day it was -27F

Its snowing here in central AR too,got bout 1 1/2 on the ground and more than that stuck on the north side of the trees.Still snowin and 24degs.May just stay home tommorrow.

Its snowing here in central AR too,got bout 1 1/2 on the ground and more than that stuck on the north side of the trees.Still snowin and 24degs.May just stay home tommorrow.

I wish I could stay home...I have to be in a school in Texarkana tomorrow am.

I wish I could stay home...I have to be in a school in Texarkana tomorrow am.

Ill be in San Antonio in the AM as well. I got my truck plugged in tonight, if not ill be out there 20 mins trying to start it up, its a bear in the cold.

This has been a great thread. I have not had any run ins yet myself, nothing major anyhow that wasn't caused by me not knowing WTF I was talking about. We live and learn everyday. It's funny how when you first get here how much you think you know and how little you actually do. You can talk about a rebuild all day long or safe cutting techniques, but unless you have actually done it, you will never sound like you know what you are talking about. That is the beauty of this place, you can learn anything you ever want to know about fixing almost anything, or you can learn how to break a marriage through the love of saws. The thing is you won't learn it until you start listening to the ones who know and stop listening to the ones who have the best smartmouth comebacks and slams against any brand of saw you might mention... Husky sucks.

Heck its colder here than that.

Ha ha, LOL,..most people that do not live in Canada think it is all cold up here, we have a very mild climate here, never gets too cold or too hot. Spring, summer and fall are all great, 80 F would be a scorcher. Winter low of around 0 F would be a cold streak.
Pioneerguy600

Here is a picture
165253_1521980134743_1391766400_31121752_2617906_n.jpg

Thats out the front of the house

Dodge right? Glow plugs and fuel heater dont help?

No glow plugs on a Cummins :)

The injection pump is a little worked over so it dont like to start in the cold weather;) Basically to much fuel delivered not enough heat just yet.

Latest posts

Back