Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havin it to the point of installing a new ring......it ain't much more work to tear it the rest of the way down!

Depends on how you feel bout the bearings in the saw now?

Seems like a big job but it's really not!

Good to practice!

I know and that's what I'm thinking. When I pulled the recoil off last weekend I found the kill wire was broken and then twisted together.. not even taped up. I knew right then it may be the best option. You guys have confirmed what I already knew. When I get back from the GTG I'll get it torn down.

Not wrong! Just the wrong saw in John`s opinion,..they is hiss fav lil saw just like 026`s are mine.

You know Jerry I'm not a die hard Stihl fan but the 026 I had was a jam up saw after I put an adjustable oil pump on it. Until then it was stingy with the bar lube and would often affect the cut. I find another I'll pick it up... jam up little saws.

Don't these Volvo seem to be slower on reactions? Seems to me that there's a delay/drag doing multiple functions.

BTW, what do ya use for a "Tee"? I've been using Honey Locust and Oak since Sandy. Bar pointed to the flag, but adjusted for windage. Usually 12-16" diameter about 2' high - don't want to take too much of a divot out! :laugh:

I am not convinced Volvo is a good excavator for speed but they sure can dig and lift, we are dealing with a lot of stone, both naturally loosened and blown bedrock. Building roadways through forest that will be paved in the near future and taken over by the Province.
Any tree stump that is handy, anything from a 6" spruce to a 10" I find the best, the larger diameter holds no advantage as far as I can tell. Best drives I get are if the saw sits with the clutch side facing contact with the side of the bucket.

I know and that's what I'm thinking. When I pulled the recoil off last weekend I found the kill wire was broken and then twisted together.. not even taped up. I knew right then it may be the best option. You guys have confirmed what I already knew. When I get back from the GTG I'll get it torn down.

You know Jerry I'm not a die hard Stihl fan but the 026 I had was a jam up saw after I put an adjustable oil pump on it. Until then it was stingy with the bar lube and would often affect the cut. I find another I'll pick it up... jam up little saws.

The 026 PRO saws have weaseled their way into my liking quite deeply now. They are by no means stock mind you but are dead nuts reliable for real world cutting,no babying ,just fuel and go. They get blown off with comp air, airfilter dusted out each evening after a full days cutting and the chain filed, that`s it.

I am not convinced Volvo is a good excavator for speed but they sure can dig and lift, we are dealing with a lot of stone, both naturally loosened and blown bedrock. Building roadways through forest that will be paved in the near future and taken over by the Province.
Any tree stump that is handy, anything from a 6" spruce to a 10" I find the best, the larger diameter holds no advantage as far as I can tell. Best drives I get are if the saw sits with the clutch side facing contact with the side of the bucket.

We deal with more "landscaped" conditions. Not too much virgin soil, or bedrock. Mostly Grey clay and bank-run, bout 20+, then the water table. The area was once a "swamp" in N.E. terms. The clay does have a heck of a vacuum behind it.

Don't usually use stumps - too crowed for a good drive, but plenty o'rounds from the latest blow-downs...

We deal with more "landscaped" conditions. Not too much virgin soil, or bedrock. Mostly Grey clay and bank-run, bout 20+, then the water table. The area was once a "swamp" in N.E. terms. The clay does have a heck of a vacuum behind it.

Don't usually use stumps - too crowed for a good drive, but plenty o'rounds from the latest blow-downs...

Your PM inbox is over filled, needs to be emptied...LOL

Hello gents. Sorry I didn't call you back last night Jimmy, company showed up and stayed a little late. Just have to sand and polyurethane the new puter desk though. Boss has the puter right now.

Been a home improvement fool lately, years worth of fallen behind projects are finally getting done. Should be able to get a lot done this spring as long as I get left alone.

Back