Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay since I can't find the multi quote option on the wife's iPad here's what I may Have figured out.

Went back to basics. Spark checked out okay, wet inside -have fuel, air filter clean. Flywheel good.

Compression test -not so good and no scoring I can see. I think I know what happened. Will need some verification though.

Anyone know the difference in an EPA or non-EPA ring on these?

Last edited:
Verified operation on another saw also and it was at 160 PSI

ejudame9.jpg

Rick

EPA version piston is dished I believe they are same diameter and rings

Wait they had to different sizes I'm pretty sure 44mm and 45 mm?
Old ones were smaller
I know the rings were two different #s but have the same cylinder and didn't think it would matter. Piston and ring seemed to go in very easy and slide very easy. I'm thinking it would have been smart to at least measure ring gap. With no scoring I'm thinking the wrong ring.

I know the rings were two different #s but have the same cylinder and didn't think it would matter. Piston and ring seemed to go in very easy and slide very easy. I'm thinking it would have been smart to at least measure ring gap. With no scoring I'm thinking the wrong ring.

Check ring gap then!

EPA version piston is dished I believe they are same diameter and rings

Wait they had to different sizes I'm pretty sure 44mm and 45 mm?

Old ones were smaller
44mm are open port unless its a 346 , then its closed. 45mm is closed port with dished piston. 353 has flat top piston with the same jug as the 350 , 45mm. Real stupid thing to do I think ! Must have been in Germany that day ? :p

My jug is stamped 45 on the top. I guess by closed port were talking transfer ports. Closed port on mine. Here is the IPL Shows two different part#s for pretty much everything.

image.jpg

EPA and non EPA numbers

Plus the other saws that use the same chassis

But once again old 350s 44mm new 350s 45mm. Any chance you got a 44mm ring?

How was the squish?

Latest posts

Back