Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for a few small parts for a 394xp.
Need the square block thats on the starter
side, It has the carb adjustment holes in it.
Need the safety trigger lock assembly thats
in the top of the rear handle. Outer bar plate
and the small retaining screw. And a chain
catcher. Also a chip flap. All parts must be in
nice shape. I don't have anything to trade but
i can pay for them.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Lee

Lee, or Gepetto :poke:

you could just whittle some legs up, and leave them in the shop....that will magically make their way to a 166.... and I will happen to drive over with a complete 394 parts saw...and the saws will do the trading for us :hmm3grin2orange:

I will see what I can scratch up for you...

J

Your too funny J.

Appreciate any parts you come up with.

Lee

;) I wanna ask permission WELL in advance, if you would be so Gracious to allow such peoples as myself to run one someday... :D

Do i get pics of the CLEAN (I'm assuming) 394 your cookin up? grinding on it, at all? :D

J

;) I wanna ask permission WELL in advance, if you would be so Gracious to allow such peoples as myself to run one someday... :D

Do i get pics of the CLEAN (I'm assuming) 394 your cookin up? grinding on it, at all? :D

J

Your more than welcome to venture over
to my place. You can run anyone of the 166's.

The 394 was an ebay deal. It's decent shape,
But not as clean as other saws i have. I just
want to make it the way it is suppose to be.
No grinding. Keep it all stock.

Lee

Thank you... :cheers:

don't find too many BIG COOL saws out this way...

I'm workin on it though! more newer stuff, but it's only been a yr into CAD. I COULD ONLY IMAGINE 30...LOL!!

We'll all need to get together for a NE GTG.

394's are nice saws... They do GET WORKED though (don't they all :dizzy:)

was it a CAD instinct, or a 'right deal' type of thing...

don't find too many big saws go for CHEAP on the bay..

so an OUTER bar plate? ala brake cover assy?? strange they took it off.

Give me a bit...If I don't have it...I have a box coming from up North :D and hopefully it can make it's way in there for you.

In a hurry?

J

Your more than welcome to venture over
to my place. You can run anyone of the 166's.

The 394 was an ebay deal. It's decent shape,
But not as clean as other saws i have. I just
want to make it the way it is suppose to be.
No grinding. Keep it all stock.

Lee

Well I tryed to talk myself into getting the parts to complete this saw. But, what on earth would I need something like this for firewood.
So, to the good part. I came across the parts to 2 Stihl 084s. One saw could be made of the 2 but would still need a new piston, recoil/starter , clutch assy and a muffler front if you could repair the rear half. Both cylinders has the damage to the muffler bolt holes. Also one has a nick on the upper side of the exhaust port due to a moron trying to get the clutch loose. Actually both cylinders have these marks just one not very bad at all. Both would clean up well with little work. The one complete crankcase needs spilt for new gasket. Hence the attempt to remove the clutch. the other has been crunched in the front. There is 2 cranks 2 flywheels and ignition units, 2 oilers, 2 rear handles one being a semi trans unit. They both have the olsed style filter bases with one filter, 2 carbs and one set of plastic filter and engine covers . Also there is the clutch cover.
Now I would like to trade this bunch for one saw. I am looking for a firewood saws in the 65cc and up range. Would love to find a heated handle saw. But, that would be hoping for alot. I prefer Husqvarnas/Jonesreds, Dolmars then stihls in that order.
I will get everything rounded up for pics tomorrow. So, lets hear some ideas.
Bob

Also have a Pioneer 600 for trade too. Got a new pioneer bar and chain on it too. Turns over and looks to be all there.
Then there is a Olympic 481. Complete with no spark.
Bob

Will be posting pics of these for thoses who are interested tonight.
Bob

Orline for trade

Just looking for offers of trade.The saw appears to have been used once and put back in the box.
My intentions were to repaint in Ford blue and make new decals,but it's one of those projects that I'll never get to.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

J.J. - I still have a 1-70 boxed up and waiting to go. Please PM me with a shipping address and I will get it on the way.

Mark

Mark-

I'm taking off on 01/01 to go back to the oil spill for quite a while. Since I don't have the 795 engine ready to go for you I don't want to take delivery of the 1-70. I'll send you a message when I get back and have the 795 short block ready to go.

Anybody got an air filter for a Roper/Craftsman 3.7? If you got one for a PM610, I could use it too. Also, 20" McCulloch bars for the PM610. I'm really interested if I can get for less (inc. shipping) than a new Oregon Powermatch, which is about 43 bux at Baileys. :dizzy: And any good bar that will fit my Roper/Craftsman for less than that stated 43 bux for a Powermatch at Baileys. Thanks in advance.

BTW, I do have some weedwacker parts, and a good Ryobi weedwacker powerhead if you want them. Although, I'm fairly sure most of you hate weedwackers and all they stand for.

Latest posts

Back