Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was out this afternoon hittin' some pawn shops with my neighbor, hoping to find decent saws & a nice dial caliper on the cheap (no luck with either). I guess the cheapo sliding ones will work for jug measurements?

Anyone here repair dial calipers? I'd prefer to get my Starrett repaired than buy a MIC digital one.

You could send it back to Starrett or, you might try Long Island Indicator. I have read very good things about them but, I'm not sure if they do calipers.

You kids know whats gonna happen if I have to stop the car.

We were always told the car would get turned around and go home :) course, if we weren't going anywhere KID related, what you mentioned would CERTAINLY apply :msp_scared:

-he's touching me...- ;)
-she won't leave me alone....

:laugh:

I have an 064 in a box. It definitely needs a piston, I spent a few minutes on the jug and think it will clean up fine. It was apart when I got and I have not checked the seals and bearings. I believe all the parts are present, I will try to verify the completeness tonight. Anybody need such a thing?

Last edited:
$50 for this muffler to anyone that has one, it's the only part i need to finish this project!

I like that....you are definitely putting your money where your mouth is!! :rock: Rep this man!

It seems too many people on here are tire kickers. As Thall says, if you want something, you gotta pay!

I have an 064 in a box. It definitely needs a piston, I spent a few minutes on the jug and think it will clean up fine. It was apart when I got and I have not checked the seals and bearings. I believe all the parts are present, I will try to verify the completeness tonight. Anybody need such a thing?

PM sent

Still need a muffler for my Remington PL-4

Got green and a few things to trade.

If your other deal doesn't work out, I have a Montgomery Ward version of what I think is the Remington SL-4, which looks like a PL-4 with nice handlebar grips. The muffler has surface rusty, but it is solid.

Here's a thread with detailed photos

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/163160.htm

Last edited:
Hey, no cutting in line!:hmm3grin2orange: J/K

I requested one a month or so ago. Got a timberwolf 262 topend to put on a 257.:rock:

drew, is the 257 and 261-2 carb different?? I was not aware.... :dunno:

Andrew, is that 2159 on craigslist gone?

you still need a carb spring, sir? which model carb? let me know.

:cheers:

J

drew, is the 257 and 261-2 carb different??

Yeah- the 254, 257, and 261/262 carbs are all different. They're all in the Walbro HDA series but the 261/262 carbs have the biggest bores and venturis along with the biggest main jets so they flow the most fuel. The 257 carb is sort of an in-between carb and can make an ok running 261/262 if that's all you have. The 254 carb has the smallest bore and venturi.

I was out this afternoon hittin' some pawn shops with my neighbor, hoping to find decent saws & a nice dial caliper on the cheap (no luck with either). I guess the cheapo sliding ones will work for jug measurements?

Anyone here repair dial calipers? I'd prefer to get my Starrett repaired than buy a MIC digital one.

Dial calipers suck because they are always broke. I've been through at least a dozen, cheap chicom ones, plus several B & S, Fowler, Mit., Starret and more. Still have the same vernier I bought in 1981. Still works like they day I bought it.

Jimbo

Back