Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 3005 bar needed

Need a 14 or 16" 3005 3/8 picco bar and chain for an 021 project.
Also need a clutch cover for the 021.
Have a 18" Black Homelite (small mount husky, I think) and oregon safety chain to swap.
Also have a Husqvarna 42 cylinder (no piston) and a bucket of Husqvarna 36/41 parts.
Thanks,
Sug

Looking for a top cover aluminum 056 mag 2 id plate with rivets and a flocked air filter,and same with recoil cover plate, have green to trade and fine mesh 045/056 a/f also need a small bucking spike for a poulan pro 525, the one that looks like the ones on the farmsaws but bigger.
Thanks Jim

does anyone have a good fuel cap and air filter for a poulan wild thingy,,
here is the pic of it,,, i have things to trade or cash

002-4.jpg

001-3.jpg

I need a Stihl 084 piston/cylinder

I'm looking for an 084 cylinder/piston combo to replace the fried one in the saw I bought off ebay. The damn thing came with a scored piston/cylinder, down to the bore. Anyone got one they're willling to part with? Seriously I'm in dire straits here; I can't afford $450 for a new one.
View attachment 191252View attachment 191253

191253d1311110822-2011-07-12-19-08-40-jpg
191252d1311110817-2011-07-12-19-08-23-jpg

Last edited:
Sure is that all you need for it?

yep,,,sure is,,,,i already have 2 new bars and about 8 chains already i had left from my echos,,, it is getting a 12" b/c on it,,,will make a good truck/loaner saw,,, in other words a don't give a crap saw,,:D:D:D,,, thanks tbone,, i don't care what any one says,,your a good man:bowdown::bowdown:

I'm looking for an 084 cylinder/piston combo to replace the fried one in the saw I bought off ebay. The damn thing came with a scored piston/cylinder, down to the bore. Anyone got one they're willling to part with? Seriously I'm in dire straits here; I can't afford $450 for a new one.

We used to get wrecked cylinders on dirt bikes bored and steel sleeved. Many were hard plated aluminum of one sort or another very much like Nikasil. Definitely more cost effective than a OEM cylinder from the dealer.

Jimbo

View attachment 191252View attachment 191253

191253d1311110822-2011-07-12-19-08-40-jpg
191252d1311110817-2011-07-12-19-08-23-jpg

Don't freak out just yet. You may be able to save the jug and run an aftermarket piston.

two strokes? ...and a side issue that is bugging me

We used to get wrecked cylinders on dirt bikes bored and steel sleeved. Many were hard plated aluminum of one sort or another very much like Nikasil. Definitely more cost effective than a OEM cylinder from the dealer.

Jimbo

== you had that done to two stroke cylinders, or do you mean plain jane simple tube four stroke single cylinders? Seems on a two stroke by the time you got done porting the new sleeve that was pressed in, after the oversize boring, etc you'd be back up to a new cylinder cost. But, I don't know,, more details plz...

Although it would be slick if you could get modern two stroke ported cylinders repaired and replated cheaply.

--side issue--

I think it's a crying shame that two strokes are so delicate, and prone to catastrophic damage with the smallest of air leaks or tiny maladjustment of carburetor, etc, plus they cost so much today.

I see no reason at all for new saws to cost what they do. Compare it to a new "prosumer" class homeowner pushmower. The mower has five times the metal and plastic, loads more machined parts, etc and costs a lot less than a new saw of any size. I mean just go by dollars, compare a three hundred dollar new saw, about entry level, with a three hundred dollar new mower. The mower is loads more work to build for the factory and a lot more pieces and more metal.

I think there is serious cartel-like price gouging going on with the top saw manufacturers. Heck, here is one from today, about the same as a new top of the line big saw, and good quality. Was looking at a brand new snapper rear engine rider, the deluxe one, 1700 clamolas out the door. I mean, it is dang nice. That's what the dealers want for a new big stihl or husky. OK, those are nice too, but WWTH, look at the size and engineergin differences and what amounts of parts have to be made, to similar tolerances and so on, and all the doo dads to make it work on the mower, etc, that don't exist at all on a saw. Saws are simple, very few parts. Please.....these saws today are over horribly over priced and you can't say snapper builds a cheap crappy machine, they are very good quality. Plenty of thirty year old snappers out there still chugging along every summer.

And I really don't think anyone can say those saws are either harder to manufacture, or made out of virgin first-strike unobtanium, or anything else like that to defend those prices.

I *really* want someone to prove me wrong with hard science and engineering, or come up with some other credible explanation for these super high saw prices. "economies of scale" gets rapidly negated once you are talking well established old manufacturers like stihl or husky, they DO economies of scale already. yet..they charge like they are dipped in gold. These aren't hand built one at a time custom articles, they are mass produced with modern automation. They should be MUCH cheaper than what they retail for.

As an aside, the high new prices keep the used prices too high as well.

I've got an extra set of oem large spikes for a 372/385/390 laying around. Wouldn't mind a set of 4 of 5 point pro safety for a 660.

husky 44 cover

What a cute little saw :)
runs good with 150lbs.
got all the parts i need except the top cover,strange cover it is for sure,anything else fit ?? mounting hole is in the center.
need one to finish the saw,PM best..
have stuff :)

attachment.php

Check with chainsawr I just sold him a lot of saws and a top cover to a 44 was in it.

runs good with 150lbs.
got all the parts i need except the top cover,strange cover it is for sure,anything else fit ?? mounting hole is in the center.

attachment.php

660 Crank

GRRRRRRR got my 660 halfway back together and just wrecked threads on the crank. Anyone have a good 660 crank I dont have much for trade... 660 muffler or 066 old style crank but I can pay cash.

I'm on the hunt for a couple of parts for a Homelite XL2. I need an oil tank and a decent sprocket. BTW I have two extra engines with good jugs for these if anyone needs parts.

Cash or trade. :)

runs good with 150lbs.

attachment.php

Is a 41 the same? I got one of those somewhere, condition of cover unknown, I can go look if it any good to you.

Latest posts

Back