Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4cyl2vy

4cyl2vy

ArboristSite Member
Just a heads up guys, a P 50 and a P51 take different cranks according to the part numbers, but I'm not sure why. I think it will fit, but you should check with someone smarter than me in the Pioneer thread to make sure.

IIRC, the 51 jug will fit the 50, but you have to swap the coil and flywheel too, because I know the ignition is different.

I'm hoping I can get my favorite saw going again this way. (Yup, the ignition died again.) I had a lot of different saws when I used to cut timber for a living, but I like the old Pioneer better than any of the others.

I believe that my P-51 bottom end is the same as a P-60. Can someone tell me for sure?

If I can find a new P-52 jug, I'd also like to find a new piston - or at least rings.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

The P50 51 52 and P60 61 62 saws used the same bottom end as long as they are Pioneer
The Pioneer Partner P52 and P62 will fit but use the ignition the same as a P42. If you use a newer jug you will need the ignition and flywheel.
I have a P50 base with P60 piston, P62 cylinder and uses a P42 ignition and flywheel.
Some cylinders are also skirted on the bottom.
Another option is bolt on an ignition from a 410 Homelite. They are for sale on ebay but they want big $$$

I came across this in the pioneer thread, I dont know much about these saws but p62 may. I will find out the hard way if i have to I guess. I guess it comes down to if they are straight pioneer or pioneer/partner :D

DSS

Cowshot
I came across this in the pioneer thread, I dont know much about these saws but p62 may. I will find out the hard way if i have to I guess. I guess it comes down to if they are straight pioneer or pioneer/partner :D

Yeah, I'm confused myself.:rock:

P62, (Jeff), knows more about those saws than I ever will. Send him a PM, he's a great guy.

Arrowhead knows just as much also.

I'm 99% sure you're OK with that crank from Tom.

roncoinc

roncoinc

Official Stihl Disser
still looking :)

Gonna try again cause i know somebody GOT a 365 clutch cover..
here i have a fine specimen of a jonsered.
pulls over with comp,dunno about spark.
broken av mount,looks like easy fix.
recoils works sometimes,needs attention.
"could" be a runner..
trade it for the 365 clutch cover.

attachment.php

jimbo1490

jimbo1490

ArboristSite Guru
I don't want that old funny looking teapot Jonsered thing :msp_biggrin: but I do have a couple of those covers. PM me and we'll work something out.

Jimbo

Gonna try again cause i know somebody GOT a 365 clutch cover..
here i have a fine specimen of a jonsered.
pulls over with comp,dunno about spark.
broken av mount,looks like easy fix.
recoils works sometimes,needs attention.
"could" be a runner..
trade it for the 365 clutch cover.

attachment.php

Modifiedmark
I have a NEW Windsor SpeedTip bar ... 20" .... .050" .... 3/8" ..... D176 mount.

Looking for a new or near-new full-wrap handle for a 371/372XP.

Ted, is that a UXL mount?

Windsor never really made a D176 Mount and only used that Oregon number for a closest to for reference. You see they also used the D176 reference for the old Mac mount as well.

The UXL mount is probably closest to the D096 mount. It will have a 3/8's slot instead of a 5/16" slot.

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard

Windsor never really made a D176 Mount and only used that Oregon number for a closest to for reference. You see they also used the D176 reference for the old Mac mount as well.

The UXL mount is probably closest to the D096 mount. It will have a 3/8's slot instead of a 5/16" slot.

Dangit Mark, now you're gonna make me go out to the shop and see just what's stamped on the NOS Windsor Speed tip I just put on my PM700. It has the 5/16" slot and the sepperate oiler holes for Poulans and Echos (not just the oil passages from the ajuster holes to the rails like a D276)...:msp_unsure:

Modifiedmark
Dangit Mark, now you're gonna make me go out to the shop and see just what's stamped on the NOS Windsor Speed tip I just put on my PM700. It has the 5/16" slot and the sepperate oiler holes for Poulans and Echos (not just the oil passages from the ajuster holes to the rails like a D276)...:msp_unsure:

I just noticed I should not have said never but not for along time if they ever did. Your PM700 will have to oil through the adjuster holes with a D176 style mount anyway.

Modifiedmark
Speaking of bars, I need these 2- 28" .058 bars out of here.

One is a new Sandvik/Windsor speed tip that is NOS/brand new in big Husky mount and the other is a excellent used Windsor Speedtip in the old Partner mount which will also work on large Husky.

I will trade for .050 bars 24" or longer in Husky or Poulan/Echo/Homelite mount. Really looking for a 32" .063 Husky bar but might consider a .050 as well.

Will also trade for whatever, let me know.

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
I just noticed I should not have said never but not for along time if they ever did. Your PM700 will have to oil through the adjuster holes with a D176 style mount anyway.

Yep. I made sure it had the D276 type passages from the adjuster holes to the rails before I mounted it on the saw. The tail profile was a tad narrower than the McCulloch labled D276 bar I took off of it though. Not enough to be a problem however.

It's a later Windsor Speed Tip with the grey paint and the orange logo. Not the most 'manly', 'old saw' looking bar.......but that will wear off soon enough. The bar mount looked identical to an Oregon D176 bar that I have (regarding oiler and adjuster hole placement and size). I'm not worried about it working on my saw, but I am going to see what's stamped on the bar and post it up here in case somebody needs the info. If I'm ambitious enough I'll take the camera out to the shop with me and snap a pic or two.....

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Speaking of bars, I need these 2- 28" .058 bars out of here.

One is a new Sandvik/Windsor speed tip that is NOS/brand new in big Husky mount and the other is a excellent used Windsor Speedtip in the old Partner mount which will also work on large Husky.

I will trade for .050 bars 24" or longer in Husky or Poulan/Echo/Homelite mount. Really looking for a 32" .063 Husky bar but might consider a .050 as well.

Will also trade for whatever, let me know.

Are you refering to the D196 mount used on BIG Poulans (like an 8500), XL Homelites, and the BIG Echos (like a CS900EVL)....................or the Poulan/Echo/Mac D176 mount Mark? Which Husky mount? The K095 mount which'd fit a 262XP or Homelite Super E-Z, or the D009 mount for the big boy Huskies like a 2100CD?

plumbcrazyjr

plumbcrazyjr

ArboristSite Operative
Im looking for a dolmar 166 I know it is along shot but i got to ask I have alot of stihl parts and some running saws to trade along with a very small amount of green paper that my wife hasnt found yet

Warped5

Warped5

WingNut

UXL mount it is .... 3/8" slot and spacers are included with the bar.

Thanks Mark!

Modifiedmark
Are you refering to the D196 mount used on BIG Poulans (like an 8500), XL Homelites, and the BIG Echos (like a CS900EVL)....................or the Poulan/Echo/Mac D176 mount Mark? Which Husky mount? The K095 mount which'd fit a 262XP or Homelite Super E-Z, or the D009 mount for the big boy Huskies like a 2100CD?

Yes I wll trade for the D176 mount or the D096 as well. Either will work on my old green junks. The D009 will also. You have a hard time finding 24" and over K095 mount bars. (silly:msp_tongue:)

UXL mount it is .... 3/8" slot and spacers are included with the bar.

Thanks Mark!

Ah just what I thought, and like I said that make it more like a D096 mount!

Latest posts