Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That poor saw deserves a second chance.....Glad you're hanging in there with it!

Man, Like I told a few others, Im too far into it to quit now, and I'm putting everything I can into it. I dont know why, maybe because I like the 064's so much. It will be worth less than I have in it, maybe it is a higher power telling me "Keep this 064, you idiot, quit selling them"?

Mac 10-10 update

Stopped by a yard sale today (tweeker house) had this Mcculloch 10-10 and another apart 10-10A in a box. Bought both and a echo weedeater for $15.00.
This 10-10 runs perfect, drained gas out put new in started it, ran it!!! plug stopped firing so stuffed a used one in and running great. auto oiler may not work? I'll adjust and check it out. 60001 model, oem hard nose bar, new chain. Haven't really touched this saw, or cleaned it.
Other parts saw 10-10 Auto looks to be complete minus a few bolts? air filter is rough, good P/C, 60002u model.
Also came with the pictured FULL WRAP STIHL HANDLE BAR, most likely 044/046 ??

Open for trades!!! Partners, $$$$, parts, pieces, saws, pioneer P42 stuff, poulan 4200 complete crankcase

This 10-10 is early model and in good shape, its getting cleaned also. HEAVY ITEMS TO SHIP!
SORRY LOOKS LIKE THE FULL WRAPS GOING TO WEST KENTUCKY, only on here 5 min.

Duane

Update: Cleaned saw up, runs great, cut a few cookies with it, very loud little bugger! runs outstanding, fires up easy, idles perfect, no air leaks. But auto oiler doesn't work, I pulled the front cover and checked but NO adjustment? either is pulse driven or NO auto oiler! Manual works good. Also does have a rim sprocket setup not spur, but clutch bearing needs grease, little loose not bad yet.
So open to trades still.

Last edited:
Poulan 4200 Parting out

Parting this poulan 4200 out. It runs good but missing air filter and had spun the flywheel side seal in the housing. It wasn't real bad and I installed another seal but material likely went into bearing. I ran it for a 1/2 hour but feel it needs too much.
Ignition parts, P/C, and Full Wrap, are going on feeBay for $60.00 each, for extra Christmas money and to recover my investment.
The rest is open for trades for Partner stuff, pioneer p42 stuff, Poulan pro 425/475/505,J-red 2077/2083 parts.

has rim sprocket too. all works, Av bushings kinda mushy.

Duane

Last edited:
Might know where one is. Gotta do some digging. I never see these saws around my part, but would like to try one just for fun one day.

At the rate you keep sending me parts, I'm gonna need to send you this 154. Actually they're good saws, power-wise on par with a MS-260 as a stocker but modified they really come alive.

The rest is open for trades for Partner stuff, pioneer p42 stuff, Poulan pro 425/475/505,J-red 2077/2083 parts.

has rim sprocket too. all works, Av bushings kinda mushy.

Duane

What do you need in the way of P-42 stuff? I have lots of Pioneer gear.

Pioneer p42

At the rate you keep sending me parts, I'm gonna need to send you this 154. Actually they're good saws, power-wise on par with a MS-260 as a stocker but modified they really come alive.

What do you need in the way of P-42 stuff? I have lots of Pioneer gear.

I'm not sure yet, I don't have my P42 yet, its enroute. but just know I'll be need'n stuff, mainly common items wear and tear stuff. I know I need a operator presence lever, and falling spike for a P42 Western, maybe a case for a P42 too.

Duane

I'm in need of atleast 5 driver links of full skip chisel stihl chain. I need to lengthen a 105dl chain to 110dl. I can't find full skip .063 chisel chain anywhere around my woods. Got some green paper to trade.:msp_smile:

105-110dr

I'm in need of atleast 5 driver links of full skip chisel stihl chain. I need to lengthen a 105dl chain to 110dl. I can't find full skip .063 chisel chain anywhere around my woods. Got some green paper to trade.:msp_smile:

WOW!!! I didn't know you were in that kinda hurry!! I'll check again in the morning to see if they'll cut me loose a few links. The saw shop here is just not ordering more till after inventory time, and keeping the rest for there big accounts.

Duane

Thinking outloud....

IF you get the right sequence, coupled with the tie strap, you may only end up with an extra cutter....

not a huge deal, really...

:cheers:

Update: Cleaned saw up, runs great, cut a few cookies with it, very loud little bugger! runs outstanding, fires up easy, idles perfect, no air leaks. But auto oiler doesn't work, I pulled the front cover and checked but NO adjustment? either is pulse driven or NO auto oiler! Manual works good. Also does have a rim sprocket setup not spur, but clutch bearing needs grease, little loose not bad yet.
So open to trades still.

That 10-10 looks to only be equipped with a manual oiler, judging by the tank and AF cover.

Taking the Plunge - Converting the 028 to Electronic

since the hedge tree smeared my 028 Super on Saturday, I'm rebuilding. Might as well convert from points to electronic. I have the newer flywheel, so I'm needing either a trigger unit or an electronic coil. Oh, and a muffler. Have painted turtle shells (no one has taken me up on this one, and I think you're missing out on a cool piece of shop art. Would even paint a chainsaw on it!), smoked cheese, and greenbacks. Thanks...:biggrin:

10-10

That 10-10 looks to only be equipped with a manual oiler, judging by the tank and AF cover.

My thoughts too!!! just I'm not a Mcculloch man so just going by info I could find, I think shes a manual oiler but ? Either way its a good running unit for the shelf or Firewood using the Old Manual oiler.

Trades????

In need of a coil for a 038.Anyone happen to have one laying around?I think several ones will fit? Don't have much in trading stuff.But there is always that nasty green stuff. TIA

You're not having much luck with that saw John. What did you start with anyway, just a gas cap??:msp_tongue:

In need of a coil for a 038.Anyone happen to have one laying around?I think several ones will fit? Don't have much in trading stuff.But there is always that nasty green stuff. TIA

i should be going to pick up an 029 parts saw in a day or two.... if it will work i will have a spare

Latest posts

Back