Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in need of a couple of bar plates for a J-Red 2077 and a clutch cover for an 084 Stihl (as long as it's not broken and has both bosses for the spike, then I don't care about paint). I have lots and lots of saw parts and or green paper in exchange. Thanks for any help here.

The old boy won't sell it or trade for anything. I've talked to him several times. He's a rancher with quite a bit of land. He bought the Pioneer used from a faller
in the mid-70's and added the bar and helper handle to fall two giant Sugar Pine he had on his property. He used the trees to make all the cabinets and counter-
tops in two custom homes that he sold for top dollar in '81 & '82. He said the memories of that saw are too good to let go of and I really can't blame him.

Nope dont blame him either. I still want one though :laugh:

JJ, what sort of old Solo parts are you chasing? Lots of those down here but I usually pass them up. Think I have 6 1/2 HP Solo under the bench. BTW - that 395 coil you sent last year is still going strong!

Al.

Al-

Mostly what I'm looking for is gear for Solo 603/690/680. Outer plastic, top covers, air filter covers, mufflers, 603/690 cylinders, etc. I'm restoring two of dad's old saws plus another runner I bought from a member here.

Guys Im in search of a coil for a Stihl 031, its the points style. I also need a kill switch. The switch I could get from a hardware store I guess. Hope you all had a great Christmas, I have of until Wensday and Im spending time with my two little girls, the time off is the best present of all.

If any of you know what other models have this coil, it would help me locate one on evil-bay.

Guys Im in search of a coil for a Stihl 031, its the points style. I also need a kill switch. The switch I could get from a hardware store I guess. Hope you all had a great Christmas, I have of until Wensday and Im spending time with my two little girls, the time off is the best present of all. If any of you know what other models have this coil, it would help me locate one on evil-bay.

Are you sure you need a coil. Usually the points just need to be cleaned or condenser replaced.

I am in need of a couple of bar plates for a J-Red 2077 and a clutch cover for an 084 Stihl (as long as it's not broken and has both bosses for the spike, then I don't care about paint). I have lots and lots of saw parts and or green paper in exchange. Thanks for any help here.

Hoss, the inner and outer bar plates are available from Poulan for less then $8. Order them for a Poulan Pro 475

I need a piston and rings, antivibe mounts , air filter and recoil cover for a PP455/ P45 have some Stihl and Husqvarna parts and worthless US gov notes for trade

Tom-

I have the oil pump, let me check and see if I have the bar plates. If so you can have all those items.
All I ask is that you keep an eye peeled for more big Solo parts. :smile2:

Jacob J,
I'm going to be looking for some Solo parts, too. If you let me know what you need, maybe we can help each other out.
David

Al-

Mostly what I'm looking for is gear for Solo 603/690/680. Outer plastic, top covers, air filter covers, mufflers, 603/690 cylinders, etc. I'm restoring two of dad's old saws plus another runner I bought from a member here.

JJ,
I thought you may have been after this era Solo. But I do see some later ones - I will keep my eyes peeled.

PC271024.jpg

Al.

Stihl 024 ring and piston

Hi all

Tried to order a new 42 mm piston and rings from Baileys for my 024 stihl. They are all out and don't know when they are getting more in.

Does anyone have a new 42mm piston and rings laying around they would like to sell?

Thanks

Hi all

Tried to order a new 42 mm piston and rings from Baileys for my 024 stihl. They are all out and don't know when they are getting more in.

Does anyone have a new 42mm piston and rings laying around they would like to sell?

Thanks

I think I have a new set of 024 rings. Tom

Are you sure you need a coil. Usually the points just need to be cleaned or condenser replaced.

Yeah, I need a coil, it was missing on this saw when I got it. The condensor is also missing but Im going to try one of the chips that a member on here sells. Thanks for any help fellas.

ps looking for a 031 coil for a points system. Or any other coil that will work

Yeah, I need a coil, it was missing on this saw when I got it. The condensor is also missing but Im going to try one of the chips that a member on here sells. Thanks for any help fellas.

ps looking for a 031 coil for a points system. Or any other coil that will work

Be sure and mount the chip thing on the outside of the saw.I mounted one on the inside and it wouldn't work LOL Got hot to fast.But it worked great mounted on the outside!

Be sure and mount the chip thing on the outside of the saw.I mounted one on the inside and it wouldn't work LOL Got hot to fast.But it worked great mounted on the outside!

Really? The post that shows the one I want to use has it siliconed in place of the condensor. Is that where you had it?

So anyway, still looking for a Stihl 031 coil for a points model. Ill take any others that work, does any one know what other models work? Swap? I have a few bucks and a wife up for trade.

I had an 031 coil but I think I already gave it to somebody. I'll look tomorrow, I have to go to the barn to root out some other stuff.

Back